Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Mon. June 35, 2007

6/25/07
When I went to visit Kenn yesterday afternoon, I found out he had been storming during Sat. night and Sun. morning. They left him in bed all morning because Barb, the nurse had left a message I would be arriving there around 1 p.m. He was in his chair when I got there and his faace was flushed from storming. I could tell there was still something bothering him. I took him outside for a short time. He wanted to sleep in his chair most of the time because of the extra meds given for the storming. When Namcy the nurse put the spyringe in his feeding tube to see if there were any gas bubbles she got alot of residual back but not bubbles. So I talked to the nurse Barb, who had just started working the evening shift, about stopping his feeding. She talked to the RN nurse, Shelley, who agreed it was better to stop the feeding to prevent him from vomitting. They put him back in bed and he seemed to relax more. They started up his feeding again last night and he has done fine since. When I cleaned out his mouth he stuck out his tongue alittle further than he has been doing and held it out there a short time. He seems to really enjoy having me use a regular toothbrush to clean out his mouth than a suction brush like they use. I called this morning again to see how he is and the nurse said he's doing good. The nurses know my voice when I call because I call so much. I received this in an email and I just wanted to share it with all of you reading this because it's so true. Your living is determined not so much by what life brings you as by the ATTITUDE you bring to life. Not so much by WHAT happens to you BUT BY THE WAY YOUR MIND LOOKS AT WHAT HAPPENS. How true is this? Give things over to God and it makes things easier because you aren't dealing with it all by yourself and when you don't have strength left He picks you up and carries you. I simply love it when He carries me. I've had some people say to me, "You don't know what an inspiration you are to people do you?" I guess I don't. I just keep trudging on with life and what has been dealt to me the way I think God wants me to. Thanks for the prayers.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, Carol. That is all I can say. Wow. You rock, girl.

    Marianne (cyber hug)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home