Sun. May 20, 2007
Kenn is doing good. He's been swallowing good when I give him water. I get him outside as much as I can when I'm there like yesterday. We sat outside yesterday between 1-2 hours. I sat reading to him. He seemed to be quite tired yesterday and wanted to sleep some of the time.
The doctors have said that after having a brain injury it's normal to need more sleep than you
used to. One of the CNA's told me yesterday that one night approximately 1 month ago, 2 CNA's were in Kenn's room doing care on him. They were talking to each other about something funny and laughing. They looked at Kenn and saw him with a big smile on his face. They were so surprised to see this. They wanted to make sure I heard about it.
Esther told me this past week that she had another dream with her dad in. He was walking and
talking. She picked him up from the place where he was staying and took him to visit some
people. Everyone he visited was so happy to see him walking and talking again. They all gave
him great big hugs.
As some of you have been wondering about Shawn and Jenny living in different places it's
because they are going through divorce which has caused alot of emotions for everyone. It has added more to my plate to be there to help the girls through this tough time. We're still praying that they will be able to work things out. I guess I just haven't been stretched enough and not
busy enough either. Memorial weekend I am taking the granddaughters and going camping with Esther, Russell, Mason and my nephew. Russell and Esther have rented a camper that
sleeps 9 with their tax refund. It will be very hard to come back and pick up the reality of my
life again. I'm finding it's hard to think about what I need to take with. Then June 2 another
nephew is having a graduation gathering near Waupaca that we'll probably be going to.
Mon. night, 21, I have a Brain Injury Support Meeting across the street from Kenn that I'm planning to go to. Even if Kenn moves I will still attend these meetings as much as possible.
Please keep Shawn and his family in your prayers. The girls are having some difficulties dealing
with having to move from the only home they have known and now having their parents breaking up. They can use many hugs when you see them.
1 Comments:
Carol, I just got back from visiting a dear friend in New Mexico, and am catching up on your letters. I am sooo very sorry to hear about Shawn and Jenny splitting up. A heart-breaker. This is a heavy load on your family, and it seems that it is one heavy load too many, really. Blessings on you, a hundredfold, as you try to make sense of all of this, and as you help guide the children through this as only a Gramma can.
Love, Marianne Jensen
By
Anonymous, at 8:59 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home