Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tues. 2/6/07

2/06
No new grand baby as of yet. What a cold spell we've been having huh?? I had a good weekend having a friend stay here and someone to do some things with. Fri. night I went to the funeral of a friend and had to leave part way through because the emotions just got the best of me. It made me start thinking of Pastor Rod's funeral and then about a week later Kenn's accident happened. It was just too much. After that I met my friend for dinner at the Cracker Barrel which was very nice. I then took her to the dance party at the dance center where I take lessons. She loved it. A guy even got her out to dance 2
times even though she doesn't know how. She can understand now why I love going there. She
said when dancing you tend to forget everything else in your life and I agreed. It was easier being
at the dance with a friend than by myself. Sat. and part of Sun. it was nice to just hang out and bum around with someone. I get so tired of doing things by myself. On Sun. late afternoon I visited Kenn. My friend stopped on her way through to visit Kenn too. She was amazed to see Kenn so alert. I wanted to wipe out his mouth with a spongette but he clamped his mouth shut and would not open for me. She laughed at him. I then got out the toothbrush I carry to use for him. I told him to open his mouth and he did. He seemed to enjoy having me use a regular toothbrush on his teeth and tongue. I was talking to him while doing this and he was focusing on me. She was amazed the way he was responding to me doing things. I even gave him some spoons of water and he swallowed them fine. He even put his tongue out on his lower lip. It was nice to have someone else witness his progress. He's coming right along with responding. He still has some off days where he's more sleepy. She just couldn't believe how he was responding. Still fighting Worker's Comp, which is getting pretty old but I can't give up. This has jumped out at me in my devotional. "So hold more firmly to My hand as you journey on in your Christian walk. Trust not in your own increasing strength, for truly, it is not your strength but rather My strength within you that you feel. You are as vulnerable to the treachery of the enemy and as frail as ever; but your knowledge of Me has deepened, and because of this your trust in Me should come easier. Move forward with courage and confidence; but always allow Me to walk ahead and choose the right path." It's overwhelming the way things jump out at me. Thanks for the prayers.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home