Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 update

Tuesday 10/17
WOW!! It has been over 2 months now with no neurostorming.
I'm not calling every night to see how the day has gone. They
havealso taken him off the morphine patch that they started
him on whilehe was doing so much storming. They have also
reduced his dosageof a medication for nausea. The nurses have
put him out in the sunroomsome times and they remarked how
it looks like he's watching TV.
Saturday the 14th, Russell and Esther stopped to visit her dad on
theirway back to Green Bay and she told me it sure looked like he
waswatching TV with her. An activity director at Clearview, took
him on abus ride with some other residents. When she called to let
me know I toldher thank you. He did good on this ride. The two
activity directors havebeen trying to get him out for activites more
and sometimes go in hisroom to just talk to him. I can tell people
have been using the fact sheet I made up on Kenn and pinned up
on his board in his room so they havethings to talk to him about.
They are also reducing a medication forseizures and eventually
taking him off it if they can.
The last weekend of September I left here on Friday night to visit Kenn
and I stayed there at Clearview in a room. Saturday morning I visited
him a half hour and then I took off for Green Bay to visit Esther and
her husband. Late Saturday afternoon I left there to go to
Sturgeon Bay to stay with some friends there and went to church there in
Brussels on Sunday morning. Saturday night I went to a book signing.
The author had written a book about her friends brain aneurysm.
Middle of Sunday afternoon I went back to Esther's for a short time.
On the way home on Sunday night I stopped again to visit Kenn and he
was sleeping. I realized it sure was nice to be awayfor awhile. On
October 7, I had a baby shower for Russell and Esther forthe families.
Then on Sunday afternoon on the 8th it was for friends.They got alot of things.

I'm still enjoying dance lessons once I get there. I'm still struggling with
things but I'm hanging in there. I haven't given up on life even though
at times I wishI could. God is my ROCK and getting me through one day
at a time. Sorry ithas taken me so long to update but it's been busy here.
God bless you all.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home