Monday, September 18, 2006 Update
WOW!!! WOW!!!! Kenn has gone a month now with no storming.
Yippeee!!!! What a blessing that is. This past weekend I drained
my pool, which was very hard to do. Saturday afternoon I went to
visit Kenn. It was so nice outside so I took him for a walk into
Juneau. At least one time when a motorcycle went by he opened
his eyes. I was talking to him about some of the different things
going on around us. I took him inside Dollar General in Juneau,
which is his first store he's been in since his accident. I was so
excited and blessed to be the one to do this first with him. I also
introduced him back into a community doing something other
than an appointment. He had his eyes open some. After we got
back to Clearview we sat outside at the picnic table. I played Mike
Bickle's tape for him and he kept his eyes open most of the time.
It was interesting to watch him listening. I also gave him some
water and applesauce and he swallowed it fine. When I got him
back inside for his medications, he acted tired. The nurse was
so happy I was able to get him outside in the beautiful weather.
I had him out close to 2 hours. There's a chance I might be able
to move him to a place on the west side of Madison until I can get
him to the Group home. I will say more when I know more. That
would make it so much easier for me. Lately there has been a few
nights I sleep holding a big teddy bear that someone had given me
last year, because I miss Kenn so much. On Monday afternoon I
had a meeting with some people at Clearview, one of them having
something to do with activities. She said her goal for him has pretty
much been met which was to see him focus more on people or things
and to look around more. I also brought up taking him off two
medications. They have started to decrease the dosage and are watching
to see how he does. He's doing well in swallowing when I give him
something. He seems alittle more alert at times. I took him outside
for a short time on Monday afternoon. Monday night I had a Support
Meeting across the street from Kenn. It was a very good meeting
with Dr. Mickey, as the speaker. After the meeting I stopped back to
visit Kenn and he was fast asleep so I came home. On Thursday the 21,
is our 33rd wedding anniversary so I'm going to be spending some
time with him. God is so faithful and glorious. Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home