Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday, 9/20
WOW!!! WOW!!!! Kenn has gone over a month now with no
neurostorming. Yippeee!!!! What a blessing that is. This
past weekend I drained my pool, which was very hard to do.
Sat. afternoon I went to visit Kenn. It was so nice outside
so I took him for a walk into Juneau. At least one time
when a motorcycle went by he opened his eyes. I was
talking to him about some of the different things going
on around us. I took him inside Dollar General in Juneau,
which is his first store since his accident. I was so excited
and blessed to be the one to do this first with him and also
to be the first one to inroduce him back into a community
doing something other than an appointment. He had his
eyes open some. After we got back to Clearview we sat
outside at the picnic table. I played Mike Bickle's tape for
him and he kept his eyes open most of the time. It was
interesting to watch him listening. I also gave him some
water and applesauce and he swallowed it fine. When I
got him back inside for his medications, he acted tired.
The nurse was so happy I was able to get him outside in
the beautiful weather. I had him out close to 2 hours. There's
a chance I might be able to move him to a place on the west
side of Madison until I can get him to the Group home.
I will say more when I know more. That would make it
so much easier for me to visit him. Lately there has been
a few nights I sleep holding a big teddy bear that someone
had given me last year, because I miss Kenn so much. On
Monday afternoon I had a meeting with the Social Worker,
a head nurse, and 2 other people. One of the 2 people has
to do with activities. She said her goal for Kenn has pretty
much been met and that was where he would focus more on
what was going on and look around. The nurse is also cutting
back on 2 medications that I had brought up. I took Kenn
outside for a short time. He's doing fine when I give him
something to swallow. He was quite alert. Monday night I had
a support meeting across the street from Kenn. It was a good
meeting. When I went back to visit him after the meeting,
he was fast asleep so I came home. Well, Thursday the 21st
is our 33rd wedding anniversary, so I will try to go spend some
time with Kenn.
God is so faithful and glorious.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home