Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Thursday, September 14, 2006 update

Thursday 9/14
I've got great news. We are going to have a new addition added
to the family in January or February of 2007. Russell and Esther
are going to have a baby. She has been very sick but is doing alittle
better now.
On the 17 of this month Kenn has gone a month with no storming.
The last day he stormed was the 16 of August. Praise God he has
been having quiet days when I've called to get an update in the
evenings. On Sunday afternoon Kenn's brother, Stan and his family
visited him. Kenn slept through most of the visit. On Monday the 11,
he had the tube in his stomach replaced because the other one came
out and they aren't sure how- but it does happen.
The 11th was an emotional morning for me because I could feel the
pain of the survivors of the 911 Trade Center Bombing. I ended up
having to turn off anything that was talking about the bombing. On Moday
the 18, I have a meeting with the Social Worker and a nurse to go over
things about Kenn at Clearview and then at 6p.m is the Support Meeting
across the street from Kenn which I will go to. My lawyer has sent in an
appeal to part of the judges decision. The ones dealing with the appeal
has to review the case and it's a possiblity it could take months. Kenn
has had a bed sore again but I was informed today while I was there
this morning visiting him with my daycare baby, that it's now healed.
He was alittle more alert today than he has been the last 2-3 times I've
been there. While I was reading to him he would open his eyes and
then shut them. Sometimes he would keep them open for a short time.
I had him outside while I was reading to him so I'm not sure if it was
too bright for his eyes or what. I could tell he was listening. When I was
done reading he kept his eyes shut and fell asleep. I also fed him some
water on a spoon and he swallowed it fine. Going through this with
Kenn has made me realize that everyone should be living life like it was
your last day alive so you don't think when you're an elderly person,
"Oh, I wish I had done that.' Whether it be to love someone more or to
do something you've been wanting to do. That is one of the reasons
I'm taking dance lessons. I don't want to get older and wish I had
taken lessons. It also has made me assess my life. It's hard because
I'm not part of a couple right now. God has me on this journey for a
reason and I'm glad He's on it with me. I've grown alot and trying to
make changes where I need to but still struggling with alot of things.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home