Wednesday, 8/2/06
A new month again. WHEW!! Kenn is doing much
better now. Last month was a very tough month
for him but it's over. He's over the pneummonia
and he was taken off the oxygen last Wed. I tell
him and the nurses that he's one tough cookie to
fight off everything he's gotten. Very little
storming since his bacolfen pump dosage was raised
and refilled on the 25th of last month. He seems
more comfortable. Last night when I visited him,
I was talking to him on his left and he was looking
at me intently. The nurse came in and even remarked
on it. When I would kiss him on his mouth he would
have it open and then he would shut it as though
trying to kiss back. He's been keeping his feedings
down. Last night he got his first bath since before his
accident. The nurse said he seemed to be enjoying it.
The weekend for me went good. I spent part of the time
with our daughter and her husband in Green Bay. I was
asked at the last minute to stand up in a wedding on
Saturday. Shawn took pictures and Russell took a video
of the wedding. Dance lessons are going good and
I'm enjoying them greatly. God has shown me so much
in the last year and a half. He has told me to hold more
firmly to His hand as I journey on my Christian walk. To
trust not in my own increasing strength, for truly it's not
my strength but rather His strength within me that I feel.
I am as vulnerable to the treachery of the enemy and
as frail as ever, but my knowledge of Him has deepened,
and because of this my trust in Him should come easier.
I am to move forward with courage and confidence, but to
allow Him to walk ahead and choose the right path.
It is God's strength that people see in me and not my
own. This is a test I'm walking through with Kenn and
I'm going to be victorious. Praise GOD!! Yes, I still
have tough times, but I'll make it through. Keep up the
prayers. No decision from the judge yet.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home