Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 update

Tuesday 8/29
Where do I start with an update. I've been
havingproblems with my Netscape email so I
haven't been ableto write an update, which has
been frustrating. I'm using my yahoo email
address instead to write an update. Kenn has
been having quiet days with no neurostorming
or vomiting since the 17 of August, when he was
put on a new medicine for storming. On Monday
afternoon I went with Kenn to Dr. Ward's office,
he was given botox in his right arm and shoulder
and his leftshoulder. He also had his pump dosage
turned up. I was sitting on Kenn's left behind his
chair in the examining room before the doctor came
in. I was talking to him in his ear about some
intimate timeswe've had in the past. He knew what
I was saying. He was trying to turn his head more
to the left to seeme. At one point he even stiffened
up which he hadn't been doing. The doctor remarked on
how alert hewas.
On Friday morning when I visited him I took him to
the dining room for bingo. He sat looking around
some then closed his eyes. When I started massaging
his neck and shoulders I was told he opened his eyes.
He enjoyed the massage. I talked to the one who was
doing the bingo and she said she is trying to get him
out of his room more and joining the activity. I told
her thank-you. On Sunday he was alert part of the time
and I also gave him a haircut and trimmed his
mustache.
At the house Shawn had to put in a sump pump last
Wednesday because it rained so much. It rained into
the basement some. Shawn replaced the old landings on the
basement steps. He also put in a new north window so
there's alittle more light coming in. Shawn could use
some help if you want to help him in the basement.
His number is 608-358-1717. I'm hanging in there but
get frustrated and overwhelmed with things so easy. I'm
finding it hard to follow through on things. I also
get distracted easily. Dance is going good. I met
another lady at dance class who lost her husband this
past December. Someone told me it really took guts for me
to sign up for dance class. I find I try finding an
excuse not to go even though I like the class. I
find it so hard to be around people and be social.
On Wednesday the 30th of August in aerobic class, a
professional is coming in to make a video of the
class, which is something else I've wanted to do for
along time. My mind is having a problem sticking to
one thought because so many thoughts are going on.
Carol

1 Comments:

  • Carol, I just wanted to send a greeting to you. I was reminded that tomorrow is Kenn's birthday. He is just 8 months older than I. I appreciate you writing so often on your times with him and how he is responding. I feel as though I know you better than I have before. You are beautiful in God's eyes. May His love always be with you. Love you.... Carolyn

    By Blogger carolyn winrich, at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home