Tuesday 7/25
Still no answer from the judge, which is so
frustrating. Last Thursday night when I
visited Kenn there were three things that I
found that were not done properly for Kenn's
care. I think it was someone new taking care
of him. I brought it to the nurse's attention
on Friday. She said she would pass the information
along.
Saturday night I was told Kenn was coughing some so
the nurse gave him some cough medicine. Then
on Sunday morning he started neurostorming again.
It had been about 7 days since the last time he
stormed. I got a call in the afternoon on Sunday
from the nurse. Kenn was started on a medicine.
He had a fever of 101 something and it sounded like
there was some fluid in his lungs. By the time I
got there late afternoon they had started him on oxygen
because his oxygen level had dropped. His cheeks were
flushed. I told Kenn to open his eyes and he did but
not for long. By the time I left him he was looking
better. When I talked to the nurse that night she
told me he had vomitted again about 9:00. On Monday
they did a chest x-ray and it showed a light case of
pneummonia. The nurse wasn't sure how he got this
since he hadn't vomitted on Friday or Saturday
and it was before he vomitted on Sunday night.
There's an older gentleman on the wing that has
something similar. Kenn stormed this morning but
made the ride into the doctor fine. The nurse drained
the old medicine out of his bacolfen pump and refilled
it with a more concentrated medicine at his doctor's visit.
He looked good this morning. When I was talking to him
in the waiting room at the doctor's office he did look at
me and was moving his eyes. It sure looked like he was
checking out my hair that I just had cut short again.
He raised his eyebrow at me when I was talking to
him about it.
My dance lesson yesterday was fun. Tonight I'm going for a
group dance lesson. Can't wait
Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home