Sunday, August 21 update
WOW!! What a great weekend. God has been very gracious.
First of all, I would like to thank each and every one of
you who donated items, gave money or helped at the yard
sale that was held in our honor yesterday in Sun Prairie.
The money will help so much this fall because of the
extra bills I have coming. Pellets for our pellet stove
for the winter is just one of the bills. Thank you to all.
Great news, where Kenn is concerned. He has been trying to
talk this weekend. On Sat. Kenn said hello to Russell and
Esther and tried to talk after that but just made sounds.
On Sunday afternoon, Kenn was laying in bed resting when
I got there to visit. After he had been making some noises,
I heard him tell me "I miss", meaning he missed me. A few
minutes later the words, "love you", came out. A CNA has
heard him say hello and the nurses are saying he is
trying to talk. We need to be very careful that we don't
keep him talking to much without breaks because he tires out
very fast just from trying. He also said "my motor" when a
couple of friends were leaving on their cycles when we were
outside before they left him. They revved up their
engines and he started moving his mouth and tongue to talk
so they turned off the engines. I wasn't the only one to
hear it. Our friends heard it too. We think he was asking
about his motorcycle. I told him it is being stored out at
my mom and dad's place in the shed waiting for him. He
seemed satisfied with my answer. He didn't try to say anymore
for some time. He just seemed to doze off and on. Then Sunday
night he tried telling me something for a good 45 minutes but
I never did understand it. He moved his right arm at the elbow
while trying to talk. He also moved his left fingers some.
He works up a sweat when trying to talk. He focuses on you
more then he has been doing, and for longer periods of time.
The nurses have commented on that too.
On Friday, 8/26, he has an appointment for a test called an EEG,
this will measure for any seizure activity in his brain.
The test is scheduled at the Beaver Dam Hospital which is where
he was taken by ambulance last Monday night. I will be there
for his appointment. Then on 8/31, at 1 p.m. there
is a staff meeting which informs family what has been going on since
the last staff meeting we had. If any family members would
like to attend you are welcome, just let me know ahead of time.
Praise God Kenn is taking small steps toward recovery, but they
seem like milestones.
Carol
_________________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home