Saturday, August 20 update
On Mon. night 8/15, Jeremy and I had gone to Juneau
for a support group meeting. Within a half hour after
we arrived home, I got a call from Clearview, where Kenn
is staying. He was en route to the Beaver Dam Hospital
because he had a seizure. Even though he was given
medication to stop it, the seizure continued. They said
their next step then is to call 911 for an ambulance.
The emergency doctor said when he checked him he
wasn't twitching much. When I got there he was sleeping
because of the medication he was given. They said his vitals
were good. He was breathing fine. Between 12-1 a.m. they
were ready to send him back to Clearview. I was told he was
wide awake when he got back, which isn't surprising. The
ambulance ride is bumpy. When Kenn's sister and I got over
there, he was sleeping again. While we were there for a short time,
he let out the longest moan I've heard from him since his accident.
They have started him on some seizure medicine 3 times a day.
The doctor said it is not uncommon for people with brain injuries
to have seizures. He will be a little more tired until his body
gets used to the new medication. Tues. morning
they let him sleep alittle longer than usual before they got him up.
They still need to get him up because not doing so could cause other
problems.
They will keep doing blood work to get the seizure medication at the right
dosage for him. He's doing well.
On Sun. 8/14, I was talking to him about my short hair cut. Did he
ever look my hair over. The look on him face, I sure could tell he didn't
like it. If he could have spoken he would have said "what did you do that
for?"
Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home