Sat. 7/23
WOW! What a busy week this has been. First of all,
Kenn was moved to different room just down the hall.
Clearview had a woman coming in and needed a room
for her. The move went well.
On Thursday afternoon at the staff meeting, they all
seemed to agree that they have seen a change in Kenn.
They have noticed more neurostorming from him. Which
also means that there is more toning or tightening up
and he's been more tired from the medication he has been
given for all of this. As a result it has been hard to
get a reponse from him in his therapy sessions.
They have switched him to a different kind of pain
medication to see if that will help. His weight is
at 175 lbs. now with a right cast on. Everyone at
Clearview agrees that their next step depends on what
the results of the MRI tells us is going on with his brain.
After the meeting, I sat with Kenn. I was on his left holding
his hand. He would shut his eyes and then open them and look
in my direction as though to see if I was still there.
I talked to a CNA and he was watching closely.
Then I moved my head more towards the back of his wheelchair
and he moved his head more to the left and moved his eyes all
the way to the left to find me. It was interesting to watch.
I was talking to him at the same time.
On Thurs. night I went to a meeting, in Madison, to hear a
speaker.
A lady who I didn't know sat down next to me part way
through the meeting. She had a word for me from God.
She told me that Kenn would be healed and she prayed the
MRI would go well. There was no time frame on the healing.
We need to claim his healing now.
On Friday he had an MRI done as an outpatient at St. Mary's
Hospital. He had no meds from midnight Thursday night until
after he was brought to Madison for the MRI. I sat holding
his hand and he appeared to be getting agigated. I would talk
to him quietly which made him calm down and relax. It's
interesting how he will give me the raised eyebrow
sometimes when I talk to him. I'm not sure if it's his way of
communicating or what. I would assure him that everything
was all right and told him he was having a test. I would
also rub his face gently. He would relax and shut his eyes.
He would open his eyes every so often and look in my direction
as though to make sure I was still there. They said he did fine.
We didn't leave the hospital until 3:00 p.m. He was still some
what groggy when they took him back to Clearview. The driver and
nurse that brought him stayed around the whole time too.
The whold thing with recovery time took about 7 hours.
Please keep sending Kenn email messages. They said he enjoys them.
Carol
__________________________________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home