Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Mon. Nov. 13, 2011

Greetings!!! Boy the time, just seems to be getting away from me. I just can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving time. It doesn't seem possible. On Wed. Oct. 26, when I talked to the case manager, I asked him if he could set up a ride for Kenn back to Juneau. I had him set it up with Capital Express, who Jeremy works for, and to ask for him to drive his dad to Juneau. Jeremy called me a little later, telling me that he would be taking his dad back, and that it was free. It was so nice to know I wouldn't be getting a bill to pay, or to send onto Workman's Comp. I thank God for the way He blesses. Jeremy asked if I wanted to ride with, so I went with him. I was told Kenn's ride would be coming about 1:30p.m. They didn't start getting him dressed until 12:45., which I thought didn't really leave a lot of time if they ran into some problems. The nurses were glad I was there, so they could ask me questions on how to get him dressed. The UW Hospital has a real cool lift to lift a person out of bed, and into a wheelchair or vice versa. They have a track on the ceiling with an arm hanging down that moves, so they don't need a portable one at all. He seemed to smile a little bit at me Wed. morning, when I was visiting him. They said he was tolerating everything. The nurse April, gave him some pain meds just before he left, so the ride back would be more comfortable. He stayed awake the whole ride back. He looked like he could just get up out of his chair very slowly, and start walking. When we got him back to Clearview, the nurses were glad I was with, so that I could fill them in on how things went, and how he acted. They were going to put him in bed soon after we left. I told them they could keep him in bed the rest of the day if they wanted, since he had surgery the day before. I knew the ride back probably tired him out too. It was nice to see Jeremy take charge of his dad, strapping his chair into the van, and then unstrapping it. It was nice to let him drive, so that I could just shut my eyes if I wanted or look around. On Sun. Oct. 30, I went to visit Kenn to see how he was doing. The site of his surgery had turned black and blue. Justice went with, because I picked her up when I dropped Kaili off. Justice was going to stay the night at my house. She said she needed to get away from her dad, so she'd just go with me. It was nice to have her with me, so we got to talk some on the way there, and back. Kenn seemed tired that evening, so we didn't stay very long. I cut his hair. But Kenn is doing good. He had a doctor's appointment on Mon. Nov. 7, which I didn't go to. It was only going to be long enough to have Dr. Bragg check his incision. He didn't have any stitches on the outside, so there wasn't any to remove. His nurse called me that afternoon, and told me the doctor said it looks great with no infection. The nurse said that was a good appointment to miss. I felt guilty for not going, because the driver had to take him in, but I had daycare kids that day, and had to take one of them to school. I just figured it would be a waste of time to go for such a short time, and still try to make sure the kids were covered. Then on Sat. Nov. 5, in the morning I had a royal melt down. Oh my gosh, what emotions I felt. It all started with a problem with my cellphone, which really wasn't the problem at all. I cried for a half hour to 45 minutes. I just couldn't stop crying. Everything I've been dealing with, had come to a head, and I was at my limit. But God is good, and brought me through it. I haven't felt like that for a long time, if ever. I don't want to feel like that again, if I can help it. I just wanted to curl up in a fetal position, and cry, not have any one talk to me, or deal with anything. I just wanted to run away from everyone, and everything. But thank God, He had Pastor and his wife, available to talk me through what I was feeling. They have never heard me talk like I did. They assured me, that it cleanses the inside of you. My chiropractor when he heard about it, even asked when was the last time, I had a good cry like that. You know what, I can't remember. This has been a real tough year to deal with so many different things. This year has been a challenge for me, also a growing and developing time for me. I just thank God for being there, and being my strength when I feel weak. God is so awesome. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home