Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thurs. Oct. 20, 2011

10/20/11
Greetings!!! Where do I begin? Maybe I'll start with the present and go backwards. I talked to a person at the UW Clinic, that has to do with setting up Kenn's surgery for his bacolfen pump, on next Tues. the 25. They were thinking of having him be the first one in the morning at 6:30, but after talking to me, they decided he should be the first one in the afternoon. I told them there's no way they can have him at UW Hospital at 6:30 a.m. The surgery should take only 2 hours. He'll stay overnight as far as I know, just so they can keep an eye on him. I am so thankful, that it's been years now since I got a call where they had to take him to Beaver Dam ER. Praise God!!! The clinic will call me on Mon. to give me a more specific time. I also called Barb, in transportation, at Clearview, to bring her up to speed. She thanked me so much for that, and told me to call her on Mon. after I hear what time for sure. I've been getting counsel about having surgery again for Kenn's cancer. Most people agree it might be better to just leave it alone, plus I have to pay a portion of it, because Medicare don't cover it all, and Worker's Comp. won't pay any on it. He also has other sores on his head that seems to come and go, so I just don't know if they could be cancerous too. If you keep having something done it could cause the cancer cells to spread, because of opening it up to oxygen. It's not easy to keep going through the surgery, either. I've had a few think I'm nuts not to go ahead with it. But, who's to say in 6 months, there won't be more to take care of. This last Thurs. afternoon, we moved Esther, and her 2 kids, for the 4th time since the end of July. Sat. was the big moving day of her stuff out of storage. I also have been having problems with pain in my left side of my neck, so when I would lift on heavy things, I could feel the muscles tighten up. I've helped her move out of her townhouse end of July, into my house for about 2 weeks, then into Salvation Army's safe house for a little over 1 month, then out of there into Salvation Army's building up town, and now into their own duplex. Her and the kids are so excited to have their own place again. I told her no more moving for at least 2 years. God really provided a great place for them, and everything went so fast to get it. We know it was God's favor on her. It's like an oasis for them. It's on 2 floor, with a back deck, nice yard, an adjacent grassy area secluded by trees, a bike trail just beyond the back yard, then a small woods area, all on a cul de sac. My parents just left this morning for Florida, so I'm praying a safe trip for them. I've missed a few dance lessons, because of all that has been going on. In class Mon. night, I was told with the others, that we are to write a sermon on a topic we feel God wants us to, and to do some research on it. We need to have it ready in 2 weeks, but in the mean time, just be prepared to get up and teach if we are called upon. We are to always have something ready to teach on, just in case we don't get much notice to teach. I visited Kenn on Sun. the 9, I went after church, but boy it was hard to get going. They had him in bed when I got there, with his blue foam boots on, and no socks. He was laying wide awake. So I got to see he has a small sore on his toe right next to his big toe on his right foot. I put his white socks on and his black boots, so that he would be ready to get up. I was there for about half an hour before they got him up. Then I put his blue splint braces on his hands, and both seemed quite relaxed. The nurse supervisor couldn't find anything saying the doctor had been there and seen Kenn. See the doctor had to do a check up and fax some information to the UW Clinic, before surgery could be done. The doctor finally did see him, and faxed what he needed to. Kenn was wide awake and alert, while listening to Pastor's message. I talked with a nurse that has been out with some personal health issues, about having them clean out his mouth more often, because it has been neglected a lot, and his mouth stinks, because of it. Even when he at doctor visits, his mouth has been pretty bad, so I've had to clean it. Boy is the new section across the street where the old building used to be, ever going up fast. It looks like they have it to the point of putting in the windows. It's been interesting to watch the new building go up in phases. I think I've written enough for now, but will write as soon as I can. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home