Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Sun. Oct. 2, 2011

Greetings!!! Hard to believe it's another new month. Only 2 months left of this year, after this month. WOW!!! It's just disappearing too fast. I just finished with a busy weekend. It was Pastor's birthday Fri., so we had a weekend at church celebrating. He says when he was in the world, he threw a big party to celebrate, so now that he's in the kingdom, he wants to show the devil that he can celebrate even more. It's been fun, but tiring. Today in church, I just got pre-ordained as a minister, with a few others. I have 2 classes a month to learn what I need to know to walk it out. This is all a in preparation for me to go out speaking, about what I've been through, and how God has helped me through it all. My parents showed up for it. I'm sure they were proud to see one of their girls walking in ministry, but not sure if they realize what a big call I have on my life. I will be officially ordained on New Year's Eve. Pastor wanted to introduce us to the people in the fellowship as a minister walking in an office, or position. What an honor, and a privilege. I was on the phone one day back, and forth, with 2 different clinics, Barb, in transportation at Clearview, and the nurse on Kenn's floor, where Kenn is at. I was on the phone for about a half hour, getting doctor's visits, and surgery all set up, then getting the appointments set up with Barb, to make sure they can get him to Madison. His surgery for his skin cancer is set up for Nov. 3, which is my mom's birthday. So he will have 2 surgeries about 2 weeks apart. I just met Kenn, at the doctor's on Mon. 26, to get his black boots checked, and adjusted if they needed to be. The driver who brought him in, went to the wrong clinic just down the road a ways, so he was late to his appointment. They said his feet haven't changed since they made the boots, so they are doing their job. All they did was to fix the end of the straps, because they were starting to fray. They said next year, they will replace the straps and put new ones on. I took my youngest daycare child with me, because Esther had an appointment, and couldn't watch her. I've been having Esther's kids quite a bit, because of her having appointments. On the 21, which was our 38th anniversary, I went to visit Kenn. The emotions started the night before our anniversary. I am so thankful, God helped me through. Pastor called me the morning of our anniversary, to see how I was doing. He could tell I was having a hard time. I visited Kenn early afternoon, and I had called ahead to ask them if they could have him up in his chair. They had him up in his chair,but they hadn't put his black boots on, so I put them on. They had also put some decent smelling cologne on him, which was a dangerous thing to do. It helped make it more emotional for me, because it created feelings, and brought back memories. One year, I had rented a limo for an hour, and another year, I had rented a horse and buggy to go around the square. I cleaned out his mouth, and in all the times I've put a finger in his mouth to clean it, he's never bit me. He was sticking out his tongue a ways, which he hasn't done for awhile. They still had a band-aid covering the area on his right temple, where they took a sample to test for cancer. I found out the maintenance man was cleaning his fan. I also had to adjust his blue hand braces, because they hadn't put them on right. I also got to meet Dr. Driezen, who has something to do with the brain. I've talked with her on the phone, and she was happy to meet me too. She's older, and short. She's happy he hasn't done any storming for a long time, which I am too. She got to see him sticking out his tongue, which I guess she's never seen. She agreed he should be responding more to me than anyone else. She told us congrats. She was glad to see him so alert. While he was listening to Pastor's message, he sat very alert, and sticking out his tongue. Someone said his cancer could also be caused by the meds he's been on. I will have to ask the doctor if that's possible. That night when I was able to finally go to bed, I was so exhausted from the emotions, and crying. It's amazing how emotions can just leave you feeling so spent, and drained. I had a Bible study that night, and they could tell I was almost in tears, and just drained. But God, is so faithful to me, and gives me strength to endure. Esther and her kids had to move out of where they were, and moved into Salvation Army . She called me shortly after I was done with Kenn's appointment, so I must have been in emotions, but didn't know it. So Mon. late afternoon, we were hauling her boxes of clothes out of there, because the next day I had daycare kids and wouldn't have much space in the van. Mon. night she had a meeting on the far west side, that she was late to, because of moving. Tues. morning, I went back to sit by her van with her kids in, while she ran back in to get everything else. I come to leave the parking ramp, my van wouldn't start. So Esther gave my van a jump. Come Sat. afternoon, I had Shawn test the battery, only to find it was low, so I had to get a new battery. Yes, my days are very busy. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home