Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sat. Oct. 29, 2011

10/29/11
Greetings!!!! WOW!!! God is AWESOME!!! I feel that He had me do a complete 360 degree turn. You probably are wondering what in the world is she talking about. Tues. was the day of Kenn's surgery to replace his bacolfen pump. During the surgery I sat in the waiting room that I was in over 6 1/2 years ago after his accident. I was in that waiting room on 2nd floor of the UW Hospital ,many times after his accident. I remember one night after the accident , our friend Tanya, was visiting from out of town, and she was at the hospital with us. This one night her and I were being very obnoxious, because we had found a wheelchair and we took turns pushing each other in it, even up and down in the elevator. We were doing so much laughing, and I think it was Shawn who told me, I should act my age. We didn't stop goofing off, because it was too much fun. But, back to Tues., he was in recovery until after 5:30p.m. So I just figured instead of going up to his room, and just sitting there while he slept, I went to church. At church I testified, that I was victorious, because I had made it through everything that afternoon. I said God had me work through some of the memories of what went on after the accident. Little did I know, what was waiting for me at the hospital when I got there, and went to his room. I found out when I got up to his floor, it was the very same floor he was on after his accident. His room was 424, which was the very same one he was in then too. At the opposite end of his hall was the intensive care unit, that he had been then. After he had gotten better, they moved him into the room he was in now. Esther and her 2 kids went with me. When we were leaving, she said, mom do you remember me trying to sleep in that waiting room on the couch? I just said, yeah, let's get out of here. There was so many memories flooding back, and I was just mentally and emotionally exhausted. Mason was happy to get to see where his Grandpa had been after his accident, and then to find out he was there in the same room before he was born. Wed. morning, I found out I had to deal with the very same case manager that I did after the accident. But this time, I'm stronger, and so much wiser. I just thank God for giving me the strength, and help in working through these strongholds, or memories. I'm so victorious over them. I also had to do some counseling with Pastor and his wife, in order to work through them. Pastor feels God had him on the same floor, in the very same room, and deal with the very same case manager, in order for me to bring some closure to some things. What are the chances, that Kenn would get put in the very same room almost 7 years later? His surgery went good, and it lasted less than 2 hours. I could tell Tues. morning when I woke up, I was dealing with some stress about it, because my left side of my neck was all tight again, and ached. It had been getting much better. When I talked to someone Tues. morning, they could tell I was struggling with even having to go to the hospital that he was in after the accident. I will be writing more about all of it. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home