Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Mon. Sept. 19, 2011

9/19/11
Greetings!! Just an update on Kenn's doctor appointment he had on the 14, for his 6 month check for cancer. No he isn't cancer free. The left side of his temple where the doctor did the surgery in March is fine. She checked on his right side. She found a small spot that looked suspicious, so she gave me 2 options. Leave it, and just watch it, or have it tested. So I opted for the latter one. So the end of last week, I got a call, it is the same skin cancer he had back in Feb. I asked the doctor how he got it. She said he could have been exposed to the sun as a kid, and got sunburned. So the cells were probably there since a kid. Then as he got older, his immune system breaks down, and he couldn't fight it no longer. So it started showing up now. It's a very small spot, so I wouldn't think it will take the 5-6 hours like the surgery did last time in March. But they can't tell me how long it will take. That surgery takes place on Nov. 3, which is my mom's birthday. So now, he's got 2 surgeries just over a week apart, as long as he isn't sick. I was on the phone this morning between 2 different UW Health Clinics, and Barb, in transportation at Clearview, to coordintate all the different doctor appointments coming up, and surgeries. I had to make an appointment this morning on Mon. Nov. 7, to get stitches out providing the surgery goes through to replace his baclofen pump on Oct. 25. The nurse said if I was going to miss a doctor's appointment for him, it could be the Nov. 7, and then she would just tell me everything over the phone. Barb, at Clearview, made a remark that she doesn't know how I can do all this. She 's glad I've made the appointments a month or more away, then she can schedule other residents around them. At the appointment last Wed., hearing it was possibly more cancer, and then taking some to test, it shook me. I guess I needed something more added to my plate, I just don't have enough. Ha-Ha!!! I told each of the kids last week, and I also called my parents to let them know about the cancer, that he has to go through surgery again. Sat. night, I spent some time with Esther, and her 2 kids. When it came time for me to leave, Mason just clung to me, and started crying. He said I don't want you to leave me. I'll miss you too much. I need you, Grandma. So I ended up sitting holding him longer than I planned. He just needed me to hold him, and cuddle him. Such a loving boy, despite what he's going through with his dad. God is so gracious to give us the strength to help us deal with whatever we need to. To answer so many asking me, how do I handle all that I am, all I can say is that, I can't in the natural, but I have to enter into the supernatural. Which many of you probably don't understand. In the flesh, I just want to run from all responsibility, and hassles. God is so good, it makes me want to just praise Him. I thank Him so much for keeping me. Day after tomorrow, on the 21, it's our 38 wedding anniversary. I'm planning to go visit Kenn, because I don't have any daycare kids that day. God bless!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home