Mon. Sept. 12, 2011
Greetings to you all!! Some of you have probably been wondering what is going on. Sorry it's been awhile since I wrote an update. My life has been like a whirlwind, so busy with things. I have put a new sign in notebook in Kenn's top nightstand drawer, for people to sign, when they visit him. The old one was falling apart, because it was over 6 years old, and has been moved so much when he was in the south building. Lot of nights, it seems I just fall into bed, and before I know it, I'm out cold. I didn't have a dance lesson for about 2 weeks, but I'm back to having them again. I'm working on the characteristics of the dances, and technique of it. Kenn's family had the Labor Day get together at Curt and Ardyth's in Waupaca. Shawn and his family went, and so did Jeremy. I had Worship Team practice on Sat. morning, and other plans, so I didn't go. Esther didn't have the money for gas, so she didn't go. That Sat. afternoon the 3, Esther and I took her 2 kids up town to the Taste of Madison, which is a bunch of different restaurants that have a booth, with a few different foods from their restaurant at a certain price. We did this in the rain, trying to keep the 2 kids dry, and our self, which was a job. Some radio stations had a stage where different bands would come to play for a certain amount of time. We didn't stay long. Sun. the 4, was Kenn's birthday. I didn't go to visit him, but the emotions, and memories were trying to get me, when I had a few minutes of down time later in the day. I went on Mon. the 5, to visit Kenn. When Mason sees pictures of Kenn before his accident, he asks who is that, because all he knows of his grandpa is the way Kenn is now sitting in a wheelchair. Desiree has learned to say grandpa. I talked with Nancy, who is one of the nurses that works in the morning, and early afternoon. She reported to me that, when she gives Kenn his meds, she is to write down how he responds to her as far as like, does he open his eyes, does he focus, and other things. She said she don't see him opening his eyes like he used to. This made my heart sink. I told her that when you have a brain injury like this, a move like he recently did from the other building could set him back a little. She agreed how this could be. Then talking later with the evening nurse, she said he responds to her, by opening his eyes. So we're thinking, maybe it has something to do with the time of day, or even his meds, because I told her I've noticed even when I visit late morning or early afternoon, he seems more sleepy, and less responsive, then when I visit late afternoon, early evening. They had him laying in a recliner, in the day room, when I got there, which was almost 2p.m. He had his blue elbow braces on, and when the CNA's that started work at 2 got him up, I asked them if they have noticed a difference in his elbows since he has started wearing them. She said she thought they were more relaxed. I helped one of the CNA's put his black boots on, and she agreed they were protecting his feet from getting banged up, when he gets bumped into stuff. The nurse had some problems with his feeding monitor going off, so finally after trying everything she could, she had to replace the tubing, then it worked fine. She said the tubing must have been plugged. I cut his hair, just so that's done. The night of the 4, I didn't go to bed until midnight, because I didn't want to lay awake dealing with the memories, and missing him. I also cried out to God, thanking Him for walking with me through all of this, because I can't walk through it alone. God is so good, and gracious. I just thank Him so much for everything. Kenn is still getting range of motion with Lisa. Esther talked to him on speaker phone to wish him a Happy Birthday. Before I left there, I had a good talking with him. I told him he needs to start talking, and walking instead of just sitting there. I told him it is very hard to visit him, and see him sitting there, when he used to be so active. I told him, that he has sat there long enough, and had a break from things. I said you are strong willed, and stubborn, so use that to fight this, to start talking, and walking. Unless you are so comfortable just sitting there, and letting everyone do everything for you. Yes, it is going to be hard, but you can do it. Show people that you can do this, and what God has done for you. You have work to do for God, or are you just going to keep running from it? I was fighting back the tears. It's so hard to visit him. Yeah, I guess you could say, that I really let him have it. His response to me was a frown. Mon. night, when I got back in town, I had a meeting, which was hard to sit and pay attention to what was being said, while the emotions was trying to take over. I found I almost left the room, a couple of times, because of emotions. Somebody else at the meeting could tell, I was really struggling. After the meeting, there was food, but I left, and as soon as I got in my car, then the emotions came out with tears. I just started thanking God again for being there for me, and giving me strength to get through it. He is my strength. Praise God, in my weakness, He's strong. I'm finding out this is a tough month for me, what with his birthday, our anniversary on the 21, then this Wed. morning, a doctor appointment to check his skin cancer site, and the end of the month, a doctor visit to check his black boots, to see if they need adjustments. End of next month is his surgery to replace his baclofen pump. Someone said to me, that I just want this month, and next month to be done with, which I had to agree. I lost another daycare child to K-4, so I take her to her school by noon, in Cottage Grove. I just have Maddie left, who will be 3 in Dec. I'm seeking God, as to what do I do now. Do I pick up more kids or what? My mom seems a little but stronger. She really doesn't want to go to Florida next month, because she has really enjoyed us girls visiting her and dad, quite abit this summer. She said she'll really miss that. She is also dreading the long drive. I've had some good visits with them, and stayed longer than I was planning to. I really thank them for the examples they have been to me, and the way they raised me. When I was talking to someone about them, they said I sounded like I was a kid again. I just said, I so appreciate them, and value them, because I wouldn't be who I am today, or be able to go through what I have without their encouragement. I thank God for them. I thank God for being my Rock. Thank you for the continued prayers, which are greatly appreciated. God bless you all.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home