Sun. Aug. 21, 2011
Greetings! I just found out this week, that Kenn is finally cleared of mrsa, which is an infection he had in his nose, and ears. The nurses had a hard time finding the results from this test. He needs to be cleared in order to have any surgery. His surgery for his baclofen pump will be coming up in just over 2 months, on Oct. 25. I met Kenn at the clinic, Mon. the 15, to get his pump refilled. I wasn't sure if they wanted to fill it full, or part, because of his surgery being the 25 of Oct. But they wanted to fill it full, just in case, something happens, and he can't have surgery that date. Shelley, the nurse, said she was amazed at how alert he was, and how he was focusing. She even got to see him smile a little. She thought it was great to see him responding, at something that was said by smiling. Now next month, Kenn has 2 doctor appointments. One in the middle of the month is a recheck of his cancer area, and then on the 26, is to get his black boots checked to see if they need any adjustment. Then he has an appointment with Dr. Ward on Dec. 1, which is his yearly checkup with him. Then I had to let them know at Clearview, so they can make sure to get him to his appointments. I went to visit Kenn 2 weeks ago yesterday. He was very alert, and he swallowed the water great. I talked with someone from Occupational Therapy, who visited Kenn, to check out his hands, because he is getting sores on his right hand from his thumb nail digging into the skin on his third finger. She ordered some kind of braces for his elbows when he's up during the day. He's moving his fingers some on his right hand, and he's moving his right arm some. Esther, and her 2 kids moved out a week ago Fri. Salvation Army has put them up in a safe house. She isn't to tell anyone where she is, and she can't have anyone else over there, but me. She has to meet people here at my house, or some where else. Mason has been crying when I leave him, since he saw his dad on the 4. The visit didn't go real good. I had to do the supervising of it. God is good through it all, and never fails us. My mom isn't doing so good. She is getting weaker, and more frail looking. They have found 2 leaky valves in her heart. Dad is so good to help her with things. I don't know if she'll be strong enough to go back to Florida in Oct. like they usually do. Just keep my parents in prayer. My dad is 86, and my mom will be 86 in Nov. They have both lived good lives. I really value and appreciate what my parents have taught me, and the example they have been for me. God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home