Mon. June 27, 2011
Greetings!! Sorry it's been awhile since I've written. Let me bring you up to speed, as to what has been going on. I went to visit Kenn on the weekend of the 12th. He's doing great, but he seemed to be a little tired. I took some of his things home so they wouldn't have to move them for him, or have them get lost. I left visiting him, in emotions. My thinking wasn't quite right. It was something, I had to deal with, and ask God to help me get a handle on it. They moved Kenn from the south building, to the north building, Tues. June 14, in the afternoon. I was kind of thinking, I would go help move him, but it didn't work out to go, because I had Esther's 2 kids I then went to visit Kenn, on Mon. the 20th. They had him all settled into his room in the north building, which is bigger than his rooms have been in the south building. He has a little more space for his clothes now. He has a roommate, but even with a roommate he has room, which is so nice. You don't knock into stuff so easy He's on the 3rd floor, in the west wing, the room number is 327. His roommate is Glenn. He was very alert during the visit. I read him the Father's Day card to him, that I had gotten for him. It was talking about knowing how to push the right buttons, and not the remote buttons. When I showed him the outside of the card he smiled, and he kept smiling. It was so good to see this response. He was moving his right arm. Boy, does the area where the skin cancer was, ever looking good. You wouldn't even know that he had some skin taken out of that area, it's just a very light pink, and looking very healthy. He was listening to Pastor message, on I know mode, when he started smiling. Pastor was talking about when you are laying down you don't have problems, but when you get up is when the problems start. When you are sitting down, you don't have problems, but boy when you come to get up, is when they start. Then he was talking about, if we just keep our mouth shut, and don't talk, then the enemy won't be after us so much, but when we start opening our mouth to talk, then the enemy is after us. I think he was smiling, because he could identify, or relate with what Pastor was saying. When I was leaving I saw the sign for the brain injury support meeting being held across the street. I went across the street to talk to Laura B. who was Kenn's case manager, and she was so happy to see me, because she had been wondering how I was doing. She was so happy to hear I was still dancing, and had just competed at a dance competition. I also got to see the new building a little bit. What a nice building. One of the next times I do, I would like to take a tour of the new building. I will sign off for now, because it's getting late, but will try to write again this week, about what else has been going on. God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home