Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tues. May 24, 2011

5/24/11
Greetings!! Just days left of school for the kids, which is so hard to believe. On Sat. the 14th, I went to visit Kenn, with Esther and her 2 kids. This was the first time she has gone since she had surgery. For me, it was a very hard visit emotionally, for the simple reason, I wanted to have him kiss me back, or something. He still can stir up feelings inside me, even just sitting there. So I sat there fighting back the tears. Had I been by myself, I probably would have taken him back upstairs, and left. He was alert part of the time, but he seemed more tired than usual. Esther thought he was looking good and also, the area where his skin cancer had been. I've been told, that I struggle with these emotions, because it proves I'm human. It proves to me, just how powerful our flesh really is. I have so many memories come to mind too, when I sit there with him. It was real hard to be close to him that evening. Esther asked me, what was wrong, but I couldn't even talk about it. He's doing great. I had Doris Adams, call me on Sun. after getting hold of my number. Her and her family, have been friends with the Winrich's before I even knew them, because they took care of Kenn's brother Stan, when he was a baby. It was great to hear her voice. She asked how Kenn was doing, and she was happy to hear he's been responding more now, than he was even a year ago. She could tell I was doing great, by the sound of my voice. Yesterday, I had a doctor's visit with Kenn to get his pump refilled. The ones doing it, said his pump has about 15 months left on the battery, before it goes dead. They last about 7 years. So they suggested we start the process now, that we need to go through, in order for him to get his pump replaced before it goes dead, because it can take time. So they said that will mean more doctor appointments, and then when everything has been done, he will go into the U.W. Hospital again for surgery. They don't know, if it will be as a day patient, or overnight. It all depends on how his body reacts to it all. I knew this was coming, because last fall, when Kenn had his check-up with Dr. Ward, he mentioned it was coming. It just threw me, to have to start dealing with it now, and then people in church, tend to think I don't deal with things, or have problems, just because I don't show it, or talk about it. I had someone this weekend tell me, that when I started at Now Faith, for church a little over 3 years ago, I looked so fragile, but now I look so strong, and confident. To me, that just confirms that God is doing a mighty work in me. I have realized that 5 years of dance lessons has also helped me. I have my dance competition, on Sun. June 5, at Turner Hall in Madison. I will be doing my tango routine in the mid to late afternoon. I greatly appreciate your prayers. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home