Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thurs. May 12,2011

5/12/11
Greetings!! I just ask that you all keep my mom up in prayer and my dad. My mom went into the hospital yesterday, because she was having some problems breathing and her legs are swollen up. Her and my dad came back from Florida about 1 a.m., the morning of Mother's Day. I went to visit them, that evening and she didn't look good. She's lost weight, very weak, and her left leg is swollen up more than the right one is. She's had a bunch of tests done, and they all have come back fine, so she's going through more today, to see if they can get to the bottom of it. I have a peace about it all, because if this is her last year with us, I know where she'll go. She's lived a great and full life, she'll be 86 in Nov. We are all so glad this is happening here and not in Florida, so we can go visit her and my dad, just to make sure things are going okay. I went to visit Kenn, on Sat. evening. He's very alert, and was focusing. I took him across the street and we sat in the gazebo for awhile, because it was so nice out. For me it's been amazing to see him responding more, than even a year ago. I know some people would disagree with me, that he's doing more than he did a year ago, but they haven't seen him do things like I have, or even like the CNAs have. Those people would say he's just the same as he was. It's fun to watch how he'll smile when I put a finger on each side of his mouth, and do what you do to a baby to get them to smile at times, and he'll do it. For me, it's quite comical to see him respond that way. It's interesting to see how he'll start moving his tongue more after I clean out his mouth, and he'll play a game with me. When I'm cleaning out his mouth, he starts sticking out his tongue, so that I can't continue, or he'll clamp down on the toothbrush. Esther is the only one who has seen him do this, when I've been there to visit him. The boys haven't watched him do this. He was also moving his right arm and fingers some. For my dance lessons, we've been practicing the tango routine, which has a couple dips, some swivels, fans, hooks, and more. The dance competition has been moved from Sun Prairie to Madison. It will be at Turner Hall, which is just south of Pflaum Rd. on the east frontage road. It will be held on Sun. June 5, and I will probably be dancing mid-afternoon. The routine is really challenging me, because it's steps I haven't done, and I need to dance alot closer than I've ever danced before to a guy. I have had our son, Shawn, and my brother-in-law, Dave, here working on the front steps/deck that has been only temporary since 2006, and it's been sinking. They've been doing some other work around here too, which is so nice to get done. I really appreciate it, and value their help. It will be so nice to get some of that stuff done that I just can't do. My daughter-in-law came over Tues. afternoon and so, the 2 of us were putting dirt up around the house, while the guys did other things. Jeremy was home that day too, so he picked up all the wood he had split on the south side of the house, and did some other things. Always something going on around here. Thank you for your continued prayers. I appreciate them. God;s blessings to all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home