Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Sun. May 1, 2011

5/1/11
Greetings!! Can you believe it's May already? Where has the last 4 months gone? Hope you all had a great Easter. It's been quite busy here. I went to visit Kenn on Sat. 4-16, he was wide awake and very alert. He was smiling some during my visit, and his left temple is a pinkish color. You really can't tell where the stitches were, it's healed so nice and looks so healthy. I cut his hair, because I hadn't cut it since the weekend just before the 4 of March, it looks so much better. He really sat concentrating on listening to Pastor's message, and he smiled a little. He sat moving his right arm, even though it was in the blue splint. It was so hard to leave him, because he had a big frown on his face, when I told him I had to go, and it looked like his eyes watered up. I felt so bad for leaving him there. You'd think that I would be used to it by now, after more then 6 years of it, but boy did it tear at my heart. He positively didn't like the idea of having me leave, even though I had been there over 3 hours, which is longer than I was planning to stay, but that usually happens. He also had a tear fall down his cheek during the visit, but not sure why. Then on Easter Sun., late afternoon, I went to visit him. A CNA, told me that her and another CNA had been talking to him on the Tues. before Easter. They were talking about the bad weather we were having outside that day. They were saying something about me not coming to visit him in this bad weather and he did some smiling. He was very alert and listened intently to the message by Pastor, which he really seems to be taking it all in. It's such an honor to be able to feed his spirit, and to give his spirit something to think on. He was tired when I left him, so it was a little easier to leave. I also talked with Marie, the RN, about some things. When the CNA's got Kenn up in his chair, they didn't put his black boots on, so I asked why. Come to find out he had a small sore on a toe on his left foot. I put his right boot on, because there was no reason he can't be wearing it. Marie agreed with me, that the boots protect his feet, big time, when he's up in his chair. It's very easy to hit his feet on something without trying, when going through doorways, or another resident could run into him with their chair. She looked at the sore on his toe, and agreed there was no reason the boot couldn't be put back on. I brought up they had his left hand blue splint on, but not his right one. She didn't know why it wasn't on. I talked to her about the lack of communication, which is because there's been some people who quit working there in the last 1 month. We also talked about cleaning his mouth more, so that it doesn't dry on his tongue, or the roof of his mouth like it's been doing. Marie was going to bring this things up at the report, which is at the beginning of the next shift, plus she would make sure the next day when a few of them meet, to discuss Kenn's over all being, it gets addressed. I wanted to go visit him today, but I was too exhausted and no energy to make the drive, which seems to be alot lately. People have been telling me, that I need to take better care of myself, and that's it alright if I don't go every week. Yesterday, I had Esther's little boy, Mason, who is 4, here for a few hours in the afternoon. We were outside most of the time, which he loved. He was all boy, climbing on some wood, playing in my big sandbox, and he also helped me pick up dog dodo, which he said he had never done, and it was cool. He had so much fun, that he didn't want to go home, but he was getting so tired. Today when I saw him, he asked if he could come over again, to play in the sandbox. When Kaili was with me on Thurs., she said she didn't know what she'd do if something ever happened to me, where I wasn't around any more, because according to her, I act goofy, and I entertain her. She never knows what to expect from me. God has been so good. I'm so blessed and life is exciting. I celebrated my birthday on 4/23, by going to do Zumba for 2 hours at Hartmeyer Ice Arena, for a good cause. I figured why not give to a good cause for my birthday. That evening, I went to a place in Cottage Grove, to eat with Jeremy, Shawn, Justice, and Kaili. Esther, her 2 kids, and I went out to eat Easter afternoon, before I went to visit Kenn. Wed. night Esther treated me at Ella's Deli, for my birthday. Justice, Kaili, Mason, and Desiree, were with us too. Mason loved it there. Thank you for your continuing reading of these updates, and continued prayers. God bless you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home