Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tues. April 19,2011

4/19/11
Greetings!!! Everything is going good with Esther's recovery. She's back to doing things herself, so I'm not there but to visit now. I've been able to sleep at home now, which is so great, but I've been fighting a cold virus, since a week ago Sat. That weekend all I wanted to do was sleep, but couldn't, and then I had a fever with it. So since then, every time I sit down, my body relaxes and just wants to fall asleep. I'm finding my body just wants to sleep so much, which is frustrating for me, because I don't like that feeling. I don't have the energy to do much. But, I am starting to feel better. In dance lessons, I'm working more on a Tango routine, with plans to try and do the dance competition on Sun. June 5, in Sun Prairie, at the Angel Park Pavilion. I'm starting this week with 2 dance lessons a week, in order to learn the routine. Some of the moves are going to be sexy, and out of my comfort zone, but I feel I need to push myself to do something like this that I've never done before. The song is called Roxanne, from the movie, Moulin Rouge. I've got to tell you all about my visit with Kenn on Sun. 3-6-11. Kenn was sitting up in his chair, by the nurses station when I got there. His left eye was still red and a little swollen up from the cancer surgery, like they warned me would happen. I guess the day before it was even more swollen, to the point where he could hardly open it, but a slit. Having surgery just on Fri., I'm not surprised. He was very alert and when I sat talking to him, he smiled a half smile at me. I sat there watching him move his right arm, and hand. He was moving his arm up and down, then at times almost twisting it, or turning it. It's hard to describe. I just wish you all could be there to see him respond, because he's responding more than a year ago, even the nurses agree with that. I put his blue brace on his right arm and it was quite noticeable that he was moving it. Even the nurse got to see him moving it and she said she's never seen him move it. I had him listening to Pastor's message from that Sun. morning, called If no fruit, then cut it off. I wish you could have seen him sitting there smiling, while he was listening to it, which I've never seen him do. At one point, Pastor was talking about love, then he talked about the song which says, love should have brought you home last night. He smiled a big smile at this. I can see that Pastor's messages are becoming life for him. It's like he's just eating it up when he listens. Another point where he smiled, is where Pastor was talking about not taking kids out in public, when you can't control them. He's never smiled during the messages before. He was zoned out, and really listening to every word. After it was over, I was talking to him about the messages becoming life to him, then he smiled. It would be so nice if I could get someone to keep playing these messages for him. I told him it was hard to stop kissing him, and he smiled. He was also turning his head to the right more, just to look at me, because I stayed on his right quite a bit. I was leaning over his chair talking to him and he was looking at me, when all of a sudden his eyes darted to the right of me, which would be his left. His eyes stayed fixed looking up, like he was watching something. Then his eyes darted to my left, which is his right and they stayed fixed up there for awhile. Then his eyes came back to look above my head. I tend to think he was seeing angels. Then he seemed to relax again and focus on me. It was fun to see him get so intent on watching and to see his face respond so much. I think I remember his eyes dart to something over my head once before, but it was quite awhile ago. I feel so blessed to see how he's responding. Our boys don't see it, because they don't go to visit him. When they have gone to visit, they don't interact with him like I do, or even like Esther does. Thank you so much for continued prayers. They are so appreciated. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home