Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Friday, April 01, 2011

Fri., April 1, 2011

4/1/11
Greetings!! I want to apologize for not writing for so many weeks. My life has been nothing short of a whirlwind, since Kenn's cancer surgery on the 4th. On the weekend of the 5 and 6, Esther needed my help, because she had a pneumonia shot, when she had a doctor's visit, prior to that weekend. She had a major reaction to it, so I had to take her to Urgent Care, on the 5. Her left arm swelled up so bad, it turned red, and it was hard. It hurt so bad to even move it, so I had to help with the kids. Then on the 10, she had surgery on 2 hernias. So, for 2 weeks solid, I lived at her place, and only came home to pick up stuff I needed, and to be here for the daycare parents to drop off their kids, and pick them up. After my daycare kids were dropped off here, then I headed out to Esther's until about 3, then turned around to come back here long enough for the parents to get their kids. Then I would take off, and go back to Esther's, until someone could come in the evening to relieve me so that I could go to the things, that I 'm involved in at church in the evenings. Then I would go back to Esther's to stay the night. There was a couple of people who came during the day to relieve me, because I was getting so exhausted, I was feeling like a zombie. I was trying to survive on only 3-4 hours of sleep a night, and then other nights, I was lucky if I got to sleep 2 hours, before my 1 year old granddaughter would wake up, crying, and coughing, because she's been fighting a virus. I canceled my dance lessons for 2 weeks, and I haven't gone to Zumba classes for about 1 month now. Last week I had 5 daycare kids, so they all went with me to Esther's, and I ended up taking care of 7 kids. This week, I haven't had to go to Esther's during the day, which is great. I just go, and stay at night to help with the kids, because she's had to take a pain pill, in order to deal with the pain. Last week, I had to run Esther to her doctor's appointment, and then this morning, Desireee, had a 15 month doctor's appointment, so I ran them there. Any time, that I sit down, my body wants to just shut down, and fall asleep, like it's trying to do right now. I've also been doing some errands for her, and trying to keep up with her clothes washing. She's told me so many times, thank you mom for doing so much for us. I did have a dance lesson this week, and I've decided to start working on a Tango routine, which I might perform at the June Badger Showcase, which is in Sun Prairie, at Angel Park Pavilion. The second Thurs. after Kenn's cancer surgery, he had a doctor's appointment, because the nurses at Clearview thought he might have an infection in the area where his stitches were. I took the 2 daycare boys, I had that day with me to his appointment, and found out , that yes he did have an infection in it, called mersa, which can be contagious, and needs a stronger medicine than a regular infection. They also took out his stitches, and the doctor said it's healing great. He did try to jerk away when the doctor was squeezing it to get some of the infection out, so he does respond to pain. They said the infection is gone now. They want to see him again in 6 months, just to make sure that nothing has come back, or started any where else. I have a new sign in book, sitting on his window sill for anyone who visits to sign. I will try to write more as soon as I can. Thanks for the continued prayers. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home