Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Wed., March 9, 2011

3/9/11
Greetings to all!! Our oldest son, Jeremy, just turned 36, on the 3rd. We're victorious again, because God is so gracious, and helped the doctor be able to get all the cancer from Kenn's left temple. On Fri. the 4th, Kenn had his cancer surgery, and all went well. They got it all. We were at the clinic for 6 hours, but I had thought maybe we'd be there only 3. It was emotionally draining. They called us back to a room about 9:20 a.m., and we didn't get out until about 3:30p.m. The first time, they went in to take out the cancer, it was bigger than they thought. It was about the size of a dime. They took it and tested it, which took about an hour. They found out they had to come back a second time, and cut with a scissors out around, and then dig a little deeper, just to get it all. When they were finished digging it out then, it was about the size of a quarter. When they tested that, they had gotten it all. When they tested it, it took about an hour each time. They didn't get started till about 10, because a nurse had to call the clinic to find out if they could use this bi-polar machine to stop the bleeding, which the clinic told them to call the company. The company told them that particular machine was fine to use, but some others weren't, because the others could make Kenn's bacolfen pump malfunction. When they gave Kenn the shots the first time, he did move his left arm some, and a leg, as a reflex. He had quite a bit of bleeding, because of being on a blood thinner. I had a CD player there for both of us to listen to Pastor's messages, so we'd stay focused. At one point, I almost lost it to emotions, when I told him, I was so sorry he had to go through this, but I was able to compose myself, and stay strong. Part way through the procedure when he was laying there, he coughed, and boy did he have a big frown on his face. I suspect, it probably jerked his head some, and caused some discomfort, even though it was still a little numb. One of the nurses asked me what Kenn was listening to, so I told her Pastor's message. I had so many of the nurses telling me they were amazed, that seeing the blood didn't cause me problems, and that he was lucky to have me there with him. The nurses, the doctor, and I told him more than once that he was quite a trooper, and that he was doing so great. He was focusing on the nurse as much as possible. The doctor told me the second time she had to take more out, that if she has to come back, and go deeper, he could experience some nerve damage to his left eyebrow, and not be able to raise it. Thank goodness, she didn't need to go any deeper. They also asked me, if I would know if he was in pain, which I told them I would know. A nurse, named Mary, noticed him moving his right arm, and fingers, which he hasn't been doing, that I've noticed. She also noticed, he had sores between some of those fingers, and said he needed gauze put between them to prevent him rubbing them, and making it worse. She also, works in a nursing home, so she deals with this. She was really saying funny things to Kenn, which really made him focus on her, which was great to see. They all remarked on how much he was watching what was going on, and really paying attention. It was like he was trying to interact as much with them as he could. Mary, and Connie, 2 of the nurses, helped me slide Kenn from his wheeelchair upon to table, so that I could change him. We left him lay there until they were all done stitching it up. I would go over to reassure him every so often, that I was still there, and that he was doing great. I noticed him laying there, and his eyes were looking all over. He also, acted some what restless. I had this feeling, I was to put on a message by Pastor for him, so I did. I watched his eyes focus on the ceiling the way he does a lot of the time, when he's listening to them, and I got to see his whole demeanor just relax. It was so interesting to see. Marty, who drove Kenn to Madison, from Juneau, popped back about 1:30p.m., just to see if I knew how much longer, which I didn't. My sister Sharon, came up for about an hour, and half, at the end, and sat in the room with us. I was asked how old I was, how long we've been married, how many kids, etc. Connie came in to prep Kenn, so the doctor could come into stitch up the area. She said she didn't know if she could get all of his skin to stretch enough to stitch it all or if part would have to be left open, but she was able to do it all, and it looked good. She asked if I could hold his head still, because he kept trying to turn it left to look at her, while she was talking. So I had to hold his chin, but he still tried to turn his head. After, they were done stitching it up, then the same 2 nurses helped me slide Kenn back into his chair. Mary, stayed talking to Kenn, and he was just watching her, even my sister got to see it, and she was amazed at the way he was smirking. I was so relieved, when it was all over. I helped get him into the van, and she could get him back to Juneau. I talked a few minutes to my sister, and when I got to my van, I just sat there, and relaxed. I felt so drained, and exhausted. I stopped at Subway, to get a sub, because I hadn't eaten anything since before I left the house, in the morning. Connie, got me a bottle of orange juice, after the procedure was over, because she asked if I had eaten. I called the nurse, at Clearview, and filled her in, on what went on. His left eye did swell up like I had been told, was possible. I heard Sat. morning, his eye would open very little, and it was red. God is so good. Now he goes back on the 18, to get the stitches out, and to have it checked. I have written about 8 pages of what was going on with the procedure. I never knew it was such an intense procedure. I was told, that had I not had it removed, in time it could cause problems for his left eye. I will try to sit down in the next few days, and try to write about my visit to Kenn on Sun. evening, and how he was responding. Sorry this got to be so long. Keep Esther up in prayer, if everything goes as planned, she goes in tomorrow, for surgery, to remove 2 hernias. They are planning for her surgery to be about 1p.m. Thanks for the prayers. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home