Tues. March 1, 2011
WOW!! A brand new month, and the third one of the new year. Where are the weeks going? They are just whizzing by here, but not sure if that's the way it is for you too. Kenn is staying very stable, which is great. They called me to tell me about a couple of places he has on his right hand, they think his thumb nail may have scratched it . Nothing major, just minor. They were to bring him into the doctor, on Mon. Feb. 21, which was when we had some problems with the roads being bad in some areas yet, from the night before. So, I called Clearview, and told them not to jeopardize him or anybody else, that we would just reschedule. When that kind of appointment is made, they make it for at least 2 weeks before his alarm should go off on his pump, for exactly that reason. If the roads are bad, or if he should be sick, then they have a few days to play with. So they brought him in for his pump refill on Thurs. Feb. 24. The nurse who was filling it, couldn't believe how awake he was, and alert. She saw him focus on me, then turn to look at her. She saw him do a little smile, and he also frowned. She remarked how, she hasn't seen him like this, so she was glad to finally see it. I went to visit him on Sun. the 28. I called ahead to make sure they would have him up in his chair, because it was right around supper for them, and they are so busy feeding people. Someone had put a stick it note, on Kenn's hand saying, Hi Honey! He was alert, and focusing the whole visit. I sat talking to him, and telling what was happening back here, and he frowned up, his eyes got watery looking. When I was talking to him, he smiled the biggest smile I've seen since before the accident. He was sticking out his tongue as far as he could, and kind of rolling up the sides. When I wanted to give him some water, he wanted to stick out his tongue. Also, when I was trying to clean out his mouth, he wanted to stick out his tongue. During all of this he was watching me, as if waiting for me to say something, so I encouraged him to keep doing this, even when I'm not there. Sometimes, I would purposely, go on his right side, just to see if he would turn his head to look at me, and he would. I had the clippers with, so I cut his hair, because I don't know how long after Fri., that I may not be able to be near his left temple. I also took him outside for a bit, and he was looking around. See this Fri. March 4, is Kenn's skin cancer surgery, that can take any where from 2 hours, on. I have closed my daycare for the day , because I don't know what my emotions will be like after dealing with that, and I don't want to have to come home, to deal with kids. Tomorrow, the 2, I take Jeremy, Shawn, Jenny, and the 2 girls to the airport, to fly out to California, for a vacation. They will be back on the 12. Thurs. is Jeremy's birthday, then Fri. is Kenn's surgery. Next Thurs., the 10, Esther is supposed to have surgery on her hernias. She found out she has had a belly button hernia, which she's had since birth, but never knew it. Then she has a second one. So this month is going to be one busy month I guess. Thank you for the continued prayers. God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home