Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tues. Oct. 12,2010

10/12/10
Greetings to you all!! Hope you are all enjoying the great weather this fall. Sorry it has taken me so long to write about Kenn's doctor visit, but time has just gotten away from me. His appointment was on Sept. 30, in the afternoon. We were there in the office about an hour talking with him, and he checked things out on Kenn. Dr. Ward was so amazed to see how alert Kenn was. He made a comment that he was more alert, than he's ever seen him. The doctor asked Kenn to shut his eyes. Kenn just looked at the doctor, so I told him to shut his eyes. He shut them. Then the doctor told him to open them, but he wouldn't, so I told him to, and still he wouldn't. He was being stubborn, because a few minutes later, he opened them. But the doctor was amazed he shut his eyes when I told him to. He sat in his chair, and focused on me, which the doc was amazed to see. The doc needed Kenn to relax his right arm, after we took off his arm splint. The doc wanted to see if Kenn's arm was tight or just what. I told Kenn to relax his right hand, and arm. He did it, and the doc was surprised. The doc took off his black boots, and checked his feet. The doc doesn't think his feet have dropped any more then they had, and he also said we'll leave the dose of his bacolfen pump right where it is. He won't be getting any botox in his legs, or arms now, because they seem to be relaxed enough. But the doc did talk to me about a different feeding tube being put in, that has a button to take off some of the tube, when the feeding isn't hooked up to him. But, if I understand that kind of feeding tube, needs to be put in by a doc at the hospital. Then, I also had the doc talk to me about the battery on his pump, and when the pump would have to be replaced. He told me the battery is supposed to last about 7 years, so he said a year from now, we'll have to start talking when to set up surgery to replace the pump, before the battery gives out. He said at the time the pump was refilled beginning of Sept., the read out said the battery had approximately 24 months left on it, before the alarm would sound, letting us know the battery was low. So all this about him having to go into the hospital again, sent me into a tizzy. I just wasn't ready to hear that, or deal with it. The doctor talked to me about Kenn's meds. He asked why was he still on high blood pressure med, when his blood pressure was running low, and he hasn't been doing any storming, to cause it to go up. He's ordered it to be deleted, but slowly. I talked to him about getting a CAT scan being done, but he doesn't really think it's needed right now. If he were to deteriorate, then it's needed. I asked about more therapy, then just range of motion. He told me that insurance won't pay for it unless he shows more of a consistency in speaking, or moving. He also wants a lab test done to see how much vitamin D is in his body, and a hormone test, if I understood right. His weight is 179, which is down from last year. Esther came over to be here with the daycare kids for me, so that I could leave. I had a hard time dealing with all that I had been told. God is good, and life goes on. I went the following weekend to visit Kenn, and he wanted to sleep a lot of the visit. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home