Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Mon. Sept. 20, 2010

9/20/10
GUESS WHAT??? Kenn TALKED AGAIN on either Fri. or Sat. to a CNA. One of the CNA's that was in his room, when he talked told me last night when I visiting. She told him she was going to brush his tongue, he responded with an OK, and then he smiled. The second CNA, in the room, did a double take, because she hasn't heard him talk before, and couldn't believe it. I asked if it had been recorded, because I said people aren't believing me, or if I need to go back to court with Worker's Comp, I might need proof. During the visit last night, Kenn was very alert again, and he would stick out his tongue without me telling him to. At times, he'd sit holding his tongue out, till I noticed. He sat listening intently to the message on the CD player. His bed sore is gone, but they still have him on the schedule where he's up for awhile, then he's down again. The CNA's joke about it by saying he's up, down, up, down, all day long. When I talked with Rose last week about him being laid down for 22 hours out of 24, she explained that's not true. She explained what she was trying to accomplish, is that, the CNA's will be checking to see if he's wet more often, because they've been forgetting about him. When I got there last night, he was still in bed, but very wide awake, looking around. When I read the anniversary card to Kenn, from Esther, and her family, I broke down crying. Esther had traced Mason, and Desiree's hand in it, so I showed it to Kenn, and he seemed to be looking at it. He was messing with me last night, because when I told him to open his mouth so that I could brush his teeth, wouldn't you know it, he kept it shut. Then once I got the brush in there, he shut his mouth around it, so that I couldn't brush them. Then when I wanted to brush his tongue, he curled his tongue a little, and stuck it out, so that I couldn't brush it. After I was done brushing his tongue, he stuck it out again. I started laughing, and he frowned while he looked at me. I told him, that really I wasn't laughing at him, but it just made me so happy to see him doing that. Then I saw a tear fall down his left cheek. I some how got talking to him about the website, and how people all over the world have read his website to see how he's recovering. I told him, that he even has relatives out in Montana who read the website, to see how he's recovering. He smiled, then he started frowning, and it looked like he was about to cry, but then he stuck out his tongue. When I told him, it really blesses my heart to see him sitting there working at sticking out his tongue, then holding it out there, he gave me the biggest smile I've seen since the accident. He was sticking his tongue out so much last night, and then he'd look at me to see if I noticed it. At the end of my visit, when I had taken him back to his 3 floor, I was standing at the nurse's station talking to a CNA. Kenn's back was to me, but she said look at how he's trying to find you, by turning his head as much as he could. She said too, that he gets much happier when he knows I'm there, and much more responsive to me, then to anyone else. Once I leave, he changes back they said. They are saying, that they can tell he really comprehends things. A CNA was telling me last night, he doesn't really belong here, because we can't work with him to keep his brain stimulated the way he really needs. I told her I know that. Our 37th anniversary is tomorrow, so I'm planning to go pick Kenn up in the afternoon, if all the people come through, that are lined up to help. Man, God is so GOOD!! Last night when we were outside, across the street from where Kenn stays, an ambulance showed up with the lights, and siren going. I told God, thank you so much that ambulance wasn't called for him like it has been in the past, and I started crying. I'm so blessed!! Tomorrow I'm supporting half the day on Christian radio, located at 102.5 FM., in honor of our anniversary. I thank God that we can give someone the gift of the radio station for part of the day tomorrow. To God be the glory!! Yesterday afternoon, God used me to take a family home to McFarland after church. While I was driving I was asked some questions about Kenn. God had me tell some of my testimony of what I've had to deal with since the accident. The lady said she never had any clue what I deal with. She told me that I'm such an inspiration to her, to keep going, and that her things are small in comparison to what I deal with. She said, dealing with her guy is nothing compared with what I go through, and yet there's so much I didn't have time to even share. She said I encouraged her so much by sharing, but I think she encouraged me more. She said she'd keep it all up in prayer. I just want to be an open vessel for Him to use at His will, and to give Him the glory. God bless!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home