Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tues. Aug. 31, 2010

8/31/10
Greetings!! Last day of this month, can you believe it? Tomorrow Justice, and Kaili, start school with online classes through McFarland school district. My 2 daycare boys, started back here yesterday. The 4 year old, came with a cast on his right leg, which is up past his knee. He broke his ankle last week, by jumping from something to high at a park, so he's in a small wheelchair. It's a challenge at times, but it's going quite good. I lift him in, and out of his chair at times. So, I'm back to 5 kids part of the time, when there's no school, but otherwise I have 4. The 6 year old, starts school on Fri. Shawn finally got my June 5, dance routines on You Tube with the other ones, so you can go to You Tube, type in the password or search word--mamabear554, and it should bring up all of my dance routines from other dance competitions too. When I visited Kenn, a week ago Fri. night, he was doing good. I had to wait in the van for approximately 20 minutes, because it was raining so much. He was alert, and responded to me. I took him out for after it had stopped raining. I visited Kenn, this last Sun. evening. Usually, his feeding has gotten turned off about 6, but it was still running at almost 6:30. Come to find out they had changed his feeding schedule. It then came out about some things that had gone on Sun. the 22. They had to up his dilantin med. They say his body was doing something, which the nurse thought it could be a seizure, or storming, on the 22. They never contacted me about it at all, like they are supposed to. I talked with Rose, the head nurse, yesterday on the phone about the whole thing. What Rose read to me, about what had been happened, it didn't sound like a seizure, or storming. The doctor was consulted. The doctor upped his dilantin so much, that is sounds ridiculous, to Rose, and I. So, I called the office of his neuologist this morning, to have her check on it, to see why it's so high. So, because of his high doses of this med, then they had to adjust Kenn's feeding schedule. Rose, apologized for no one contacting me about all of this. The RN, Vicki, was supposed to call me. I also, talked to the social worker this morning, because they didn't inform me about his bed sore either, and about the lack of communication about another thing. I explained, that I need to know, because when I meet Kenn, at the doctor's office, they ask me what has been happening with him. For me, it's frustrating to get there, and find out something has happened about a week ago, that I wasn't informed about. Kenn has an appointment on Sept. 8, for his pump refill, and then at the end of Sept., his yearly physical with Dr. Ward. There was a CNA in Kenn's room, when I got there Sun. evening, and she remarked at how Kenn perked up when I walked in his room. He was sitting in his chair. After I cleaned out his mouth, he was moving, and sticking out his tongue. He was swallowing the water fine that I gave him, and he even smiled when I was talking to him. I could tell he loved the attention that I was giving him, and just having someone touch him. When we were on 2nd floor, talking to a nurse, and another resident, I was behind him. I got beside him, on his left side, and he was turning his head, and eyes to see me, but did he have a big frown. He also, was making noises when I was talking to him, which he hasn't done for a long time. He was really focusing on me, when I was talking to him. Some of his noises seemed to be in response to what I had asked him or a comment to what I had said. He watched me closely, while I prayed with him, and thanked God for his every response that he's been doing, and the ones to come. The sore on his left temple is back again. I'm not sure why it keeps coming back. It seemed to be healed, and now I noticed it's back again, Sun. evening. He seemed to be smiling a little bit, when I got his left hand to touch his right knee. He acted quite tired when I left him almost 10. Time just seems to go so fast, while visiting him, so I always seem to stay longer than I plan to. I find some days I have many thoughts, and memories about Kenn, that seem to keep trying to take over, but I can't dwell on them for long, because I know I would become such a basket case, and then I wouldn't be any good to no one. But, God is so good, He keeps me going, and He's given me so much information to walk this out, it's amazing. I just thank God for every day. God bless.

1 Comments:

  • I watched you You tube dances. You did a beautiful job. Thank you for your faithfulness and love for your husband.

    By Blogger Test, at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home