Sun. Aug. 15, 2010
WOW!! Has it been busy, as I'm sure it has for most of you. Summer is over for some kids this week, because of starting school. I'm sure glad the humidity is gone for now, because my air conditioner quit working properly for the 2nd floor of our house. So this past week, it was very warm in my bedroom, which is on 2nd floor. Replacing the air conditioner is more of a process than just replacing it, and I don't know how to do it. I went to visit Kenn, Sat. the 7th, and found him in bed, which was very frustrating to find, because it was about 4:45p.m. I had been told his bed sore had healed, so he was up in his chair more, so I wasn't understanding why was he in bed. I was told they had to clean him up, so they had to put him in bed to do that, which is fine, but then they told me, that he gets put back in bed after being in the recliner for awhile in the afternoon, while supper is served, which isn't what I had been told was the schedule. They then are supposed to get him up for a few hours in the evening. But, I wasn't understanding, why they weren't getting him up for me, like they've done before. There was no chair in the room to even sit in. The nurse had to go hunting for one in another resident's room. They didn't get him up for about l 1/2 hours. Then while sitting in his room waiting for them to get him up, I get informed that I was to be at worship team practice, which I never knew about, but didn't make it back in time for. After they got him up, I took him outside for a walk, and then we went to sit in the library on 2nd floor. I talked to the head nurse on Fri. about what happened Sat. She said they should have gotten him up for me. She could understand how frustrating it was, driving almost an hour, and then have to just sit in his room for so long before they got him up. She was going to tell them to get him up when I get there. I also said if Esther, and the kids are with, it won't work to try keeping Mason in that small space in his room. She also told me that Dr. Driesen, had visited Kenn, and is so happy with him not having any seizures, or storming, so she wants to cut back on his dialintin medication, which is helping prevent them. I haven't been to visit him this weekend, because I'm planning to go to the support meeting for the brain injured tomorrow night, across the street from Kenn. Last Mon. night was my last Zumba class until after Labor Day. In my dance lessons, we are working on doing the correct feet work, which will produce the hips moving correctly. Yesterday, my dad rescued me, by replacing the front door handle on my screen door. The inside of the knob had broke off on Thurs. I thought I can fix this, I mean, how hard can it be to go buy a knob for the inside, and put it on. Big mistake, I ran around to places trying to find one that would work, to no avail. So finally, I had to break down, and call Shawn Fri. night. He advised me what to do, which didn't work. So Sat. afternoon, after trying so hard to make it work, I just wanted to cry, because of being so frustrated with the whole process. Nothing was working. I finally made a call to my dad, to ask him what do I do. He said he'd come over, and see what he could do. It turned out, he couldn't even get just a replacement knob to work. He took back what I had bought, and had to get a whole new handle. Putting a new one on, was a process in itself, that he said I probably wouldn't have been able to do myself. He also adjusted my screen door so it closes better now. Praise God, for a dad that knows so much, and is a handyman. I was telling God, that I'm not ready to be an adult, and own a house., because there's so many things that need to be done. Shawn came over, and cleaned out the south gutters for me, a week ago Fri. I thank God that it got done, and for Shawn doing that, because he did it quicker than I did the north and east gutters. God is so great, and greatly to be praised. God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home