Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Mon., March 29, 2010

3/29/10
Where do I begin!! I talked with Laura at St. Mary's Care Center this morning to see if they would consider Kenn moving there. I had talked to her about it 2 months ago, and at that point she was to get back to me. I was told today, not at this point, because they don't have any long term beds available now and she don't fore see any for a long time. She would contact me if they do. If anyone knows of a good nursing home in this area, let me know. Kenn now has his new hand splints, and they are much better than what he used to have. The new ones are padded, and covered with a blue material. The therapist has already noticed a difference in just 2 weeks. The one who does range of motion with him says he isn't so tight in his hands, and arms like he used to be. Kenn is tolerating the new splints on for 2 hours at a time when he's up in the chair only. Now they are introducing elbow splints when he's in bed only, and he'll have them on for 2 hours, and then off for 2. I also called the clinic this morning to set up an appointment to get his black boots checked, because the nurse isn't sure if they are fitting properly any more. That appointment is April 14. Last Sat. afternoon, Esther, and her kids went with me to visit her dad. Mason missed his Grandpa, and wanted to visit him. Esther was amazed to see the way her dad was sitting listening intently to a message on a CD player by Pastor. This past week was a very tough week for me to get through. I went to visit Kenn yesterday afternoon. What I found when I got there made me so frustrated, and I just wanted to cry. They were short help, which was not good. They still had him in bed from nap time earlier in the afternoon. He was laying in a wet bed, with a wet shirt. I had to ask them if they could get him up, otherwise if I wasn't there, they probably would have just changed him, and kept him in bed, instead of getting him up, being they were short help. He had layers of dried stuff in his mouth, which I had to clean out. Even the LPN couldn't believe that his mouth was so bad. I also gave him some water on a spoon, which he did fine swallowing. I left there about 8:15p.m. On County S on the way to 151, I had 4-5 deer come from the left, not leaving me any time to really stop. I swerved to the right to avoid hitting them, but caught the first one with the passenger front fender, which messed up the front of my van. After hitting it, my first thought was, "Oh, crap!! Now I have more to deal with in the morning, then just making some calls pertaining to Kenn." I did stop down the road a little, to see the damage. I didn't check to see what happened to the deer. I just wanted to stay calm, because I was afraid emotions might take over if I went back to check on the deer. I just kept an eye on the temperature gauge, which stayed fine, so I didn't think I wasn't loosing anything from the radiator, which I found out this morning, nothing was. Someone went with me to the first place for an estimate, then the other 2 places I went alone. I found out what a process this all is. I've learned a lot, because I have never had to deal with anything like this before. By late this afternoon, I felt like my head was swimming having to compare the estimates, and make a decision, plus dealing with things for Kenn. Esther watched 2 of my 3 daycare kids today, so that I could go get estimates done. It's been 2 weeks tonight, since I did something to my left knee, and it still hurts some. I haven't had any dance lessons for 2 weeks, because of my knee. Thanks for the continued prayers. God bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home