Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, September 07, 2009

Mon. Sept. 7, 2009

9/7/09
Happy Labor Day to all! Hard to believe kids are back to school, and that means for me, that I have the 2 boys for daycare I had last school year. So some days, it's back to 5 again. It was nice having only 3 this summer or none if the mom had off. Sorry I haven't written for awhile, but I've been busy with so many things. I just got done making 2 batches of salsa, one cooked, and the other you don't cook. Both taste very good. I visited Kenn a week ago Sat. and then Fri. Sept.4, because it was his birthday Fri. I called early in the morning to have them turn on WNWC, so Kenn could hear them say Happy Birthday to him because I sponsored half a day for his birthday. I stayed overnight in a room across the street from Kenn, on Fri. night. He was alert, and it looked like he was smiling slightly when the CNA, was talking to him, and getting him ready for bed. After they got him to bed, I asked if they could put him closer to the side so I could lay beside him. They did but still there wasn't much room for me. A few minutes later, the CNA that was dealing with Kenn's roommate, at the time I had asked, came back into the room. She asked if they should move Kenn over more so that I had a little more room. They did. Kenn was laying on his left side and I was on my right. I was stroking his face and talking to him. He laid there looking at me intently. I told him he could go to sleep, but he stayed awake watching me. He was moving his mouth some. He probably couldn't believe I was laying beside him. I didn't leave his room until after 11 p.m., so I probably laid there for about 1 1/2 hours. Earlier in the evening Kenn helped me take my stuff to my room, and while in the room I cut his hair. Everyone there agreed his hair was kind of shaggy looking, and that it looked much better after I cut it. He got to see the beautiful moon out, because we were outside after dark. When I went to his room Sat. morning after 9, he was sleeping, so I didn't bother him much. I talked to a dad who was picking up his son who had a brain injury from CBIC, across the street from Kenn. He told me about a hyperbaric chamber that they've been using for some people with a disease or brain injury, etc. He has an appointment for his son, to see if it will help him. On Youtube there's a video on Curt Allen who had these treatments done, and what a difference in him. I've been doing a little research on the internet about these treatments. I then went to Waupaca for the rest of the day, for Kenn's family gathering Sat. I ended up staying over Sat. night, and drove home early yesterday morning because of commitments I had here for the day. I was so tired yesterday afternoon. I haven't been sleeping good for at least 5 nights. Last night I slept for 8 hours and couldn't believe it. This past week I've been dealing with the head nurse, social workers, and who ever else was gathered around the phone at Clearview, talking to me about they don't think it's safe to have me take Kenn in my van, with no wheelchair lift in. They feel we need to get together and come up with some guidelines, and they want me to sign a waiver saying I take full responsibility when I take him, just like I signed a waiver for giving him water or anything to eat or drink. I've been making some calls to find out some info. My mind has been spinning some days. They asked me to hold off taking Kenn in my van until we meet, because I was planning to take him this past Tues. I gave them almost a week notice, that I was planning on taking Kenn, so then they start calling me and they contacted Shari at Adult Human Services too. Tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. I have a meeting at Clearview with 5-8 people to decide what we're going to do, but I'm not going to back down on taking him. They said there are no guidelines set in place for something like this, so I guess I'm the instigator to get the ball rolling on it. Kaili is going with to watch the 2 boys I'll have. The other daycare mom is off tomorrow, which helps. I'm just praying that God would put the right words in my mouth, and help me not to be emotional in front of them. Kenn's family prayed about this and for me Sat. night. I'll write how the meeting went. Not sure if anyone is going with for support or not. God bless you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home