Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Mon. Sept 28, 2009

9/28/09
Sat. late afternoon, my brother-in-law, Mark and I went to pick Kenn up in his brother's van. No nurse went out with us this time when we put Kenn in the van, which was nice. We came to leave there and the lift didn't want to fold up so we could get the sliding door shut. The enemy was trying to get us to give up bringing him into Sun Prairie for the church service. I called Pastor and told him to pray. Mark called his dad. Finally, Mark said we were going to unload Kenn and start all over, because nothing was working his dad suggested. Guess what?? Praise God, it worked then. We then were on our way. I had Kenn listening to Pastor's message from Tues. night on my CD player on the ride in, and Mark was amazed how Kenn's eyes were so wide awake and you could tell he was paying attention to what was being said. When we got to Pastor's house where the service is held, 4 guys lifted Kenn's wheelchair with him in it, up the 2 steps to the house. Pastor said he could tell a difference in Kenn, because he wasn't looking all over like he was the first time. He seemed more relaxed and glad to be broke out of the nursing home. When we picked him up, I told him I was breaking him out again. Mark was going to leave to take the van back, but decided to stay for the testimonies and Pastor's message. Every so often Pastor would talk to Kenn or about Kenn during his message. At the beginning of his message he talked about how I was being such an example to the women of the fellowship by standing by Kenn through all this. He also said how I have been feeding Kenn's spirit by playing Pastor's messages or music for him, but that now God had me take it to the next level by bringing Kenn into the fellowship to get fed in person. If any of you in the area would be interested to attend a very informal service Sat. nights, it is held at 3722 Hwy 19, in Sun Prairie, at Pastor's house. After the message was over Pastor asked if anyone had any comments. Mark thanked Pastor and the fellowship for supporting me through this. Pastor talked a few minutes with Kenn after it was over, and he told me, look at how he's looking at you and making eyes at you. He's saying with his eyes that he loves you. A couple other ladies talked with Kenn and he focused on them too. When one of them talked to him, he was making noises and moving his mouth as if trying to talk. We were late getting him back, but I had called to tell them he would be a little late. I had 1 guy and 2 other women go with me to take him back, so it was easier to lift him out. The nurse Mary, asked how it went, and how he responded. She was so happy to hear it went so well. She could see how he was still so alert. You know, when you think about it, it has to mean so much to Kenn, to be able to get out of there and do something other than just a doctor visit. Pastor said today, that I had a date with Kenn Sat. night. It was a very good night. I didn't want to give them any advance notice that I would be picking him up until Sat. morning. When I talked to the nurse Nancy, she told me that Rose hadn't let her know how the meeting went that we had. As for our anniversary, I didn't go to the support meeting or to visit Kenn. I wanted to but I felt so wiped out, and Pastor said you were just there last night right? I ended up going to Taco Bell and ordered some nachos. I sat there for awhile eating and reading just so that I wouldn't have to be home alone. I then went to Copp's to get some fruit on sale and treated myself to a rose. I came home and watched a dance show, while at the same time recording it onto a video for a dance teacher. I was able to keep my emotions under control, but I did miss Kenn. Tues. Esther and her family were here. They stopped to visit her dad on the way back. She put her phone up to his ear so I could talk to him. She told me that he frowned and was making noises at me. When she had her back turned to him and writing in his guest book, he was making noises at her as if to get her attention to turn around and talk to him. He seems to be responding more since I brought him into Madison on Aug. 4. If anyone is interested in checking it out, the fellowship that I attend does have a website, and it is www.nowfaithministriesmadison.com God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home