Fri. Sept. 11, 2009
I didn't know this week was going to be so busy and go so fast. I want to publicly apologize to Kenn's family for not being more social, after Shawn talked me into staying there in Waupaca for the night on Sat. night. Emotionally I was so drained and knew I was at the end of my limit for being social. I went to the meeting on Tues. morning, and to me it was a waste of my time going. There were only 4 there, Joe, Kenn's guardian ad litem, Shari, from Adult Protective Services, Amy, the social worker, Rose, the head nurse, and then myself. I tend to think they thought if I was there in person, and heard their concerns, I would back down, but I didn't. I went in there, and stood my ground. I didn't waiver at all, and I didn't give into emotions. Shari asked me why I wanted to take him, and what kind of response he had. Shari and Joe, had gone to visit Kenn, before the meeting, which he was sleeping in his chair, because it was his usual time for sleeping. I know, because I also went to visit him. They couldn't understand how he could sit up straight up in the van with no help. All they were focusing on was the negative, and I was focusing on the positive. They asked if I knew when I would be taking him again. I thought I'm not giving you notice of a week again, but I will tell them the morning of the day I plan to take him. I did one time, just to be courteous like I said I would, and they used it against me by asking if I would postpone it until we had a meeting. I did sign the waiver, saying I take full responsibility if something should happen to Kenn, when I have him in my care. Kaili went with me to watch the 2 daycare boys I had, so that I could concentrate on what was being said at the meeting. If any questions feel free to call or write a comment. Thanks for all the prayers and God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home