Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sun. March 15, 2009

3/15/09
Greetings to everyone. I just want to say again how much I appreciate all the prayers that have gone forth on our behalf and thank you that they are continuing, because this is a difficult journey, but so worth it. So many good things have come about in the last 4 years since the accident. So many lives have been impacted by all of it and still many more lives will be impacted by it for years to come. Esther and her family stopped to visit her dad on their way back to Green Bay this morning, after being in Madison for her cousin's wedding yesterday. Kenn slept through most of their visit. I went to visit Kenn this afternoon, and of course, he wanted to sleep a good share of my visit, too. Esther told me that Mason put his hand on his Grandpa and prayed for him to start walking and talking, because he wants to play and talk with him. Esther said it was cute, and she helped him pray, of course. Two weeks ago tonight, when he responded so much it did give me hope again. I realize I was starting to get low in hope. God knew I needed to see that response in order to keep going. I did not realize how much going to my niece's wedding would affect me. Pastor told me it's because it starts the memories, which causes emotions to come, which then can mess me up at times. After the wedding was over, I talked to a few people and then headed off for church to get some more info to help me on this journey I'm on. Then after church, I headed back to the hotel for part of the dance. It was a good thing the church and hotel were just a few blocks away from each other. I have a support meeting in Juneau tomorrow night that I would like to go to, because Dr. Mickey is speaking, and would like to hear him again. I've realized this 4 year out from Kenn's accident has done a number on me, because I haven't been able to handle going to a support meeting since about Oct. So when I asked Pastor about me going, he said let's see how you're handling things tomorrow, and he's agreed I've been having a tough time. When I sit and look back, then I can see how it's affected me more than I've realized. This has been a tough season, but God is giving me strength to make it through. I can still say it's all worth it. A nurse tonight, told me she's had the impression, that I've always been very independent. I said not really until the last 4 years since the accident. Some of the employees on Kenn's wing kind of look at me as a celebrity, because I take dance lessons, and I've done 4 dance competitions. One of the CNA's said they love to see my outfits when I bring them in, because I've taken some in since some have asked me to bring them. On Fri. night I did my 2 spotlight dance routines during the dance. Pastor and his wife showed up with 7 other people from church to support me. Some of the women that showed up, are talking about taking a few lessons, and some even got out there to dance with an instructor. They said they all had fun. Some of them kind of look at me as a celebrity at church too. Yesterday someone at the wedding said they are amazed I'm still taking lessons, and that I'm gearing up for another competition in June around Madison. They encouraged me to keep going in dance. Someone told me I have strong faith when I talk about Kenn walking and talking. I'm just standing on what God has shown me is going to happen, but in His timing and not mine. A few more things needs to be accomplished before he can walk and talk. God is so good and I just thank Him for everything. I've learned to really appreciate every little thing around me, such as being able to wake up, talk, hear, smell, walk, etc. and even to have running water to take a shower. We take things so for granted in our lives, and Pastor was just talking about it last night and this morning in his messages. He told us everything we have is gifts, and learn to appreciate them as gifts, because you never know when you could loose everything. Even your kids are gifts, and you need to look at them that way, because some can't have any kids. It's a gift to have them. I even thank God for who He is, because without Him I wouldn't be where I am today, and doing as well as I am. I just give God the praise. God bless.

1 Comments:

  • Wow...yah...what a message.

    You are right on the money, kiddo.

    Cyber hugs,
    Marianne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home