Tues. Feb. 17, 2009
What a hard week it's been. Last Wed. it was an emotional day for me. I had a dance lesson late afternoon and on the way there, on hwy 51, there had been an accident in the south bound lanes just before I went through there. The police hadn't even gotten there yet. Boy, did that shake me up. What are the odds of seeing an accident the afternoon of Kenn's, being 4 years out? I still went to my dance lesson after talking to Pastor. I worked on half of my swing routine for the song, California Girls. At the Bible Study, that night I was struggling so hard to not give into emotions and thoughts. Pastor could tell, and so he called on me, to bring me back to the present. Thurs. I was still dealing with some emotions. It felt like a black cloud was hanging over me, that I just couldn't shake, until I got out of the house. Sun. late afternoon, I went to visit Kenn. He wanted to sleep some of the time. I straddled his wheelchair and was right in front of him. He had his eyes shut. I was gently patting his cheeks and telling him to open his eyes. I kept telling him to open them and look at me. After awhile he finally opened them a little bit, looked at me, and then he shut them. I kept bugging him and he frowned at me. I also gave him some water and applesauce, which he took fine. I took him outside for a short walk even though it was dark. No storming for over 2 months. I was informed Sun. that he has a pressure point on a toe, on his left foot, from his new brace. Yesterday, I got a message that Workers' Comp would not approve Kenn to be moved. The same brain injured group home is opening a home in Sun Prairie next month, and they called me asking if I was interested in it. I talked with John Neal late yesterday, to see what we can do. He gave me suggestions. Man, did the emotions get me yesterday afternoon, after getting the message. This decision opened up old wounds. Workers' Comp is satisfied with the care he's been getting where he is, but I guess it doesn't count that I'm not. Why do I have guardianship then, if they are calling the shots?? I was supposed to go to the support meeting last night across from Kenn, but realized I couldn't trust my emotions to hold out when talking about brain injury. I opted for going to my Latin cardio class and then group dance after that. I knew I had to be busy last night, instead of just sitting around. I know for a fact, if I didn't have the relationship that I do with God, and wasn't in His Word as much as I am, I never would be able to make it now. I just Praise God for keeping me going. There's just so much more that I could write, but then it would take so much space. I guess when the time comes to write my book, that's where you'll get more of the details. Thanks for the continued prayers. I really appreciate them. God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home