Thurs. Nov. 13,2008
Well, Kenn's doctor appointment the 4th went good. He did get botox injections in his right arm just below his elbow and then in his right lower leg, just above his ankle. He was very sleepy and slept most of the visit, because he had been storming some in the morning so they gave him meds for that which makes him sleepy. As of last night, the nurse told me that he hasn't stormed since the 6th of this month. 6 days without storming. Yeah!!! I talked with Dr. Ward about getting him assessed to see if we can get some therapy. We'll see what happens. Dr. Ward looked at his right foot near his little toe and said it looked like it could have been a pressure point when he was storming. Which means, that when he stormed some time, his right foot was against the end of the bed for quite a few hours and caused it to break down. Sun. evening I went to visit Kenn and he was very alert. He listened to a message of Pastor's and his expression looked like he was really listening. When I had to leave, it was so hard to leave with him being so alert and responding some,I just wanted to cry.
Fri. it was nice to not have any kids to deal with. I was at the doctor's office with my friend from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. I had her in stitches so much because of what I said or did. Her test results are negative so she doesn't have cancer but does have surgery next Thurs. to remove the little growth and has asked if I would go with her. Next Wed. morning Kenn has his appointment at another clinic to get fitted for a set of special boots. Once they are made, then Kenn has to go back, to make sure they are right.
Fri. afternoon, I left with a friend to go to my dance competition. We stayed at Best Western in Beloit and drove to Rockford for the showcase. Mr. Park, my instructor, missed a step in my Cha-Cha routine, which threw me off a little but I was able to recover. I received a 91 out of 100 for my routine. A professional photographer, took everyone's picture who did a routine. Mine was taken just as we were starting the routine. Everyone that sees the picture says it looks like I am having a blast, which I was. Sat. morning, we met with a friend. It was so nice to see her, because I haven't seen her for over 1 year. She told me that it looks like such a weight has been lifted from my face. I look like I'm just enjoying life, she said. I'm just so blessed to be able to take dance lessons and do a competition. Sat. afternoon, I danced a cha-cha dance and won 2nd place and then I did a rumba and got 3rd place which is great. Now today in my private lesson, I told Mr. Park that I would like to do a rumba and swing. So we started working on the hip movement for both. I would like to do the rumba to the song, Kokomo . I need to sign off now, because I'm sitting here almost falling asleep, I'm so tired. Thanks so much and God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home