Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sun. Nov. 16, 2008

11/16/08
I went to visit Kenn yesterday afternoon and he was in bed. He had been storming all morning, but they still got him up for a shower because they had some student nurses there to help and to learn. They thought he might calm down after a shower. He had calmed some by the time I got there. His legs were still stiff. I played a message on Faith by Pastor Erick for Kenn and he seemed to relax enough to dose a little bit. When that message was over, his storming seemed to pick up some. I experimented, by putting another message of Pastor's in my CD player for him. He seemed to relax again and dose. I just called to see if he had stopped storming and they said yes. He's had a quiet day today. Yahoo!! Praise God!!! Tomorrow night I have a support meeting across from Kenn to go to if the weather is nice enough. Then Wed. morning, I have another doctor appointment with Kenn in Middleton, at a different clinic, to get a mold made of his feet and ankles for a pair of special boots to protect his feet better.
Mason likes to give Esther the phone and then says Grandma, meaning he wants to talk to me. He is picking up so many words and Esther is teaching him sign language so that he can tell people what he wants. I love talking to him. It's so cute to hear him say, "two, potato, choo-choo", sounds of some animals, and more. He heard my voice on the answering machine and thought I had answered the phone, so he just started talking one time. Esther had to explain to him about that. What is interesting, is that he won't talk to his other Grandma.
At my aerobic class Wed. night, I was told we won't be having class any more after Dec. 17, because it isn't growing. It's still the same 3 of us that show up. I've been going to this class about 9 years. I'm surprised but not upset, because then I can go to the 6p.m. Bible Study Wed. nights and not be late. Plus, the instructor of this class also teaches in McFarland, in the old Ponderosa building. Him and a friend teaches a Zumba class. This class is Latin cardio class. It is so much fun and it doesn't feel like you are really working out. It is helping me feel more comfortable moving my hips for ballroom dance. The class is Mon. nights at 6 and only costs $5. If anyone is interested your welcome to come. It was also on the news in the last month or two.
Last night in Pastor's message, he was talking about relationships. Man, did I just want to run out of there. It was like he was talking about my relationship with Kenn. Pastor said I shut down because I didn't want to deal with it, but he said I have to. Plus, he told me that the holidays are going to be very tough. I was in a store the other night and wanted to look at Christmas stuff but I just kept feeling like I just need to get out of here. I stayed standing there, because I know I need to deal with it. I wasn't going to go to group dance after that, but made myself go instead of coming home and dealing with emotions. Tonight, I was sitting here watching some things I've recorded and just feeling so lost and lonely for Kenn. This sure is a tough journey to walk out. Some days I'm fine and other days I feel like I've lost my best friend. But, you know what? This is just a season in my life and if I can help just one person by what I've been through, then it's been worth it. God has blessed me so tremendously, that it's so amazing. God is so good. Just continue to keep us up in prayer. I'm not sure what is ahead, but that's okay too. God has it all under control. Thanks and God bless.

1 Comments:

  • I appreciate your consistency and your joy in the things you find it in. Keep your eyes on the prize. Love in Him Carolyn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home