Wed. Oct. 1, 2008
Another new month. Just over 2 months and it's Christmas again. I can't believe it. WHEW!! I'll try to keep this a little shorter than the last few. The storming for Kenn seems to have slowed down and it doesn't seem to be so often. When I visited Kenn Sun. evening, I talked with the nurse Jan. She thinks I should talk to some of the family members across the street who have a loved one there at Clearview Brain Injury Center. She can't believe all that I've been through. She told me that I might be able to help someone by giving them some information of what it's been like and what I've learned. Who knows what is ahead for me. Sun. I gave Kenn some water and also some vanilla pudding. I gave him more than 10 spoons of water and at least 5 or more spoons of pudding, which he swallowed with no problems. I find it interesting that I can get him to swallow some things for me and yet no one can work with him on it. I'm working on getting a reevaluation done on him to see if someone can work with him since he's responding more. He can not have been storming recently because he won't respond well. He hasn't had problems swallowing since fall of 2005. Jan was so amazed at the way Kenn responds to me. It was a little cool Sun. evening, but Kenn seemed to enjoy being outside. Sun. I was struggling with being there and visiting Kenn. Talking with Pastor, he told me that I need to stop doing some of the things I've been doing to try to get Kenn to respond, because it's setting me up to deal with my emotions more. I leave there disappointed and frustrated because the relationship is one- sided., etc. He also has told me my love is a different kind of love for him than what it had been, because of the one-sided relationship. He said that is why I'm having more problems not wanting to go to group dance class and the dance. Does this all make sense to me now. WOW!! God is so good to have put Pastor in my life to help explain some of this to me and help me to work through it. It is tough to work through it and it hurts like crazy, but it explains so much of what I've been feeling. He said humans are so complex when it comes to emotions and feelings, which I'm finding that out. I'm learning so much about who I am and about my relationship with Kenn. It's amazing. God is still faithful and giving me strength to get through it all. I'm stronger for it all and wiser. Dance is going good and I'm going to try to go more often. God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home