Fri. Oct. 10, 2008
WOW!! Was that a weird feeling. I was just standing at our kitchen sink and I felt like I was waiting for Kenn to come home from cleaning some where like he used to before the accident. Yesterday, Kenn had a chiropractor's appointment that I didn't know about. That was until, Rose the nurse, called to tell me that no one was there and the driver was sitting there waiting. I was so frustrated, I just wanted to cry but didn't. I had just the two daycare boys and then Kaili who had stayed Wed. night with us because she said she misses me so much. Jeremy wasn't working, so I asked if he had plans for a few hours. He ended up taking care of the boys so I could leave. I made a few calls trying to find out what was going on. I told Rose that I would go over to the office. On the way over there, I got a call from a Jill who works at Clearview. She told me that the driver had gone to a Mobil station and would be back soon. I went Milwaukee St. forgetting that the bridge was out and you couldn't get through. So I had to go side streets and ended up by the Mobil station where the driver was with Kenn. My heart sank at what I saw when I pulled up there. The sliding doors of the van was open, there was a fire truck near the van and the firemen were inside the van. I was talking to Pastor at the time and my heart sank. I thought oh no, now what has happened!! When I got to the door of the van I was told by the driver, that Kenn was sliding out of his chair and she was by herself so she couldn't pull him up. I was so relieved. She had to call 911 to get help. What a scare though. WHEW!! We then drove back to the office to see if the chiropractor had shown up, but he hadn't. Someone working outside the place said he had moved and told us where, so we went there. Come to find out, that was the upstairs tenants that had moved, so we went back to the office. The chiropractor finally showed up. We had a problem getting Kenn out of the van because his legs were stiff and so tight, that we couldn't get him to bend his legs. Between the driver and I, we moved his chair around enough to get him out. We got him inside and Doc started running his hands over his body. He said he was much more tensed up then he was last time he was in, which was about 2 years ago. Kenn was looking all around and then his pupils dilated. I was talking to him and telling him, remember you used to come here before the accident and you've been here once since. Doc, started using a massager to massage his right foot and his right leg started moving along with his left arm. His pupils went back to normal and he relaxed. He was making quite a bit of moaning noises through out the adjustment. Some you could tell were pleasurable moans and some were pain. I could tell the difference and Doc could too. At times he was even shutting his eyes and enjoying it. He relaxed some. Doc worked on him when he was still in his chair for awhile, because he was so tense. Doc and I moved him to the examining table so he could lay on his back, and Doc could work on him. After awhile, we then turned him onto his stomach. Did he moan. We could tell it wasn't a painful moan. It was a moan like, boy this sure feels good to be laying a totally different way than I have for a long time. He was moving his head so he could breathe while laying on his stomach. Even when the driver came in different times, she would watch and she saw him respond to the adjustment. She was just amazed at the way he was responding. A couple spots in his back, when Doc touched it he kind of winced, so Doc massaged it some. Then when he pressed on it, Kenn didn't make any noise. Doc and I were amazed at his response, too. It was more than I've ever seen since the accident. It even looked like he smiled a small smile. Doc worked on him for 2 hours because he was so tight. By the time the adjustment was done, Doc had Kenn bending his knees. Kenn looked much more relaxed at the end. Doc told me to use my massager like his, on Kenn when I visit him to stimulate his circulation. Doc also showed me where some pressure points were and to stimulate these points when visiting him. When I went into the van, he was so relaxed he had his eyes shut and his knees bent. When I kissed him good-by I told him, see I'm trying to take care of you and make sure you get the help you need. He raised his left eyebrow at me. It has been amazing to see how God showed up and showed out for this adjustment to take place. When I called last night to see how he was doing, I was told he was storming. I told them I wasn't surprised, because of all the stimulation I'm sure his body was probably tingling and feeling things like it hasn't for a long time. This morning he was doing good. Last Sun. when I visited Kenn, I had him listening to the message on Faith again. Kenn had his eyes open and was making noises. Wed. afternoon Kaili came over here and worked on her schoolwork. I sat down to help her and she laid against me and said, "Yeah, I've got my old teacher back. I've missed you, Grandma." When she came back that night with Jeremy, she came running to me and said, " I've missed you so much." She sat cuddling, kissing, and hugging me. She told me this is her favorite place because she feels loved and secure. The last 2 weeks has been an adjustment for the granddaughters and me. I've missed them just like they have missed me. I told Kaili how her and her sister has helped me through the last 3 1/2 years and she wondered how. I told her they gave me a reason to get out of bed in the morning and to keep going with life no matter how tough it got. Today, when I talked to Pastor, he said he could tell in my voice yesterday, that I just never know what I will have to deal with the next day. So different than most people he said. He admitted he didn't think he could handle it at all or as long as I've had to endure it. He said you don't really know all the stuff you've had to endure do you? I don't I guess, because I just have to do it. I just have to deal with whatever is thrown at me. I tend to think if I really knew, that I just might be so overwhelmed with it. God is so good!! I'm so blessed. God has showed up and showed out so much in my life, it's been amazing. Blessings.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home