Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Mon. June 15, 2008

6/16/08
WOW!!! So much has happened since the last update. I will start with a week ago today when I visited Kenn. He was very alert. He was responding to me. I told him to relax his right hand so that I could massage his hand and fingers. I kept encouraging him to relax just like Annette taught him in rehab. He finally did. I massaged the inside of his hand and his fingers. Then I also massaged his arm and moved that around. Then I went to his left hand and arm. He seemed to really enjoy having this done. I was with him for over 4 hours.
Then on Wed. night, after my aerobics class I was on my way over to Wal-Mart, and the front of my exhaust pipe disconnected from the converter. The bolts had rusted through, so I had to get my car towed to Broadway Tire. I couldn't drive it that way because the pipe would catch on any bumps and possibly do more damage. Thurs. morning, a guy called from there and told me they could cut part of the pipe off and put an extension pipe on instead of replacing the whole thing, but he said my muffler was real bad, which I knew. When I would drive my car it sounded like a race car because the exhaust was so bad, but I liked the sound. I told him to go ahead and replace that too. I had been previously told I would have to replace the whole exhaust system including the converter and felt I didn't want to put that much money into it. This work was under $200. I was so excited by this. I've been thanking God for taking care of this so many times since Thurs. I was so blessed this didn't happen when I would go to visit Kenn in Juneau. I miss the race car sound but it's also nice to have it quiet.
Fri. afternoon, I had a 1:30 dance lesson with my instructor to practice the waltz routine. Then I had to be back there again for a 6:45 dance lesson with Charles and his instructor to go over the rumba routine. Then I had to be back again at 9 for the dance and rehearsal. I'm sure glad I live only about 10-15 minutes away.
Sat. morning I woke up before 5 a.m. and couldn't sleep after that. Sat. morning I called to find out how Kenn was doing and the nurse Brenda, told me that he had been storming all night but he seemed relaxed at the time I was talking to her. I went to the place to do my dance competition. My mom and dad showed up for the morning to watch me dance the waltz routine and then just the basic steps for the foxtrot. They had never seen me dance in person. They were impressed and said it was fun to watch. Justice was with me recording it. Then about 12:30 p.m. I got a message from a nurse, something about Kenn, so I tried to call her back, but didn't get through. My aerobic instructors and Marianne showed up for my afternoon rumba routine. It was great to have the support. Thanks to Marianne for the flowers, it was so thoughtful. People were impressed that I got flowers. They said I was so graceful doing it. After I was done, I got ready to leave. It was about 3. I called to find out what was going on with Kenn and the nurse gave me the bad news, that they had cut off his mustache that morning, because there was a boil or pimple that had swollen up Kenn's upper lip area real bad. When told all this I just fell apart and started crying. What a way to be brought down from such a high and yet being exhausted at the same time. I just wanted to stay on that high. Then to add all these emotions too. WOW!!! Was I on over load or what?? The nurse felt so bad she had to tell me the news. Kenn's mustache was his pride and joy because he's had it since 10th grade and it was hard for him to grow it. I've never known him without it. They had to cut if off so they could see what was going on under it. The nurse got so much stuff out of it. I think I could handle it better if it had been a different day but I can't pick the day I guess. God protected me from getting the news before I did my last dance routine. I'm not sure if I had gotten the news before, that I could have done my last dance routine as emotional as I got. Praise God, He knew when was the best time to have me get the news. I went to church that night instead of going to the formal dinner and dance. Man, was I exhausted from all the emotions. I had to talk to a friend, to help me put the news into perspective because I just couldn't. Then yesterday when I visited Kenn, I was told by the nurse Becki, that he had stormed some Sat. night too. But you know, he wasn't sleepy like he usually is after storming. I got there about 6:30p.m. and he was very alert. He was focusing on me alot. I took him outside again. He was responding but by the time I left he was getting pretty tired and so was I. His lip area was still swollen up some, so it must have been real big because they said it had gone down since Sat. morning. But he does look different without his mustache. Now I guess I won't be trimming it. What an emotional weekend. WOW!!! I'm tired even today.
Tonight I will be back in Juneau for the support meeting there and visit Kenn afterwards for a while. Dr. Mickey will be the speaker. I found out yesterday the way I go to Juneau, it is 44 miles one way. Now that the dance competition is over, I need to figure out what to do with any free time I may have because no more extra lessons or practice is needed. Thanks for the continued prayers, I sure can use them.

1 Comments:

  • Well, all I can say is that seeing you dancing, in that lovely dress, and with the darnedest, cutest hair, moving ever so gracefully, with class, confidence,and joy---it was awesome. I am soooo glad I went to the event!!

    Blessings, Carol! You are indeed of the Spirit.

    Love, Marianne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home