Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sat. Feb., 16, 2008

2/16/08 What a busy week it's been. Last weekend was great. Mason was so happy we were there. He likes to smile and wrinkle up his nose. He's on the go constantly. He is such a joy to be around. I was up until 2a.m. Sat. morning helping Esther get things done because Mason was having a hard time sleeping. I made it back for the Snowflake Ball. The roads were a little slippery but you just had to take it slow. I had someone at the dance take pictures of me all dressed up so I can put one up in Kenn's room. Mon. I was real busy because I had 2- 6 month old babies, a 1 1/2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old. Also, on Tues. I had all 4 little ones again. It kept me from thinking of it being 3 years ago since his accident. The 2 granddaughters were here too. It was so nice when everyone left but then the thoughts tried coming so I put on praise music to occupy my mind. I went to a women's meeting Mon. night so I wouldn't be sitting alone, but when the meeting was over I went to my car and the tears came some. When I got home I again put on praise music and I made it through with out crying for hours. Last night I took Kaili to a Go Fish concert at High Point Church. I had given her a ticket for the concert at Christmas and she was so happy. She's been counting the days until the concert. We had so much fun last night we didn't want it to end. This morning Jenny did the Polar Bear Plunge and I was there with Shawn, and Justice to support her. Justice is talking about wanting to do the plunge next year and trying to talk me into doing it with her. Not too sure about doing it. Valentine's Day went good too. I looked at it as just another day. Yesterday when I went to visit Kenn, there was a Valentine on his board for me. Someone had written it for him thanking me for being there for him and loving him. It really touched me because I know that is what he would be telling me. I also talked to an activity person and she told me that they have requested to have Kenn brought out for the activities to get the stimulation. She agreed he needs that. I thanked her. She told me he watches what goes on and also agreed he comprehends more than we realize. When I played a tape of Pastor Rod's teaching he opened his eyes and was paying attention. I never know how Kenn will respond when I play something or do something for him. I've gotten to know another couple there. The guy comes to visit his wife, who had a brain tumor. Before I left yesterday I went into her room to say good-bye and encourage her. She was so happy I stepped in for a few minutes. I also gave Kenn some water and he swallowed fine. A CNA who used to work there but quit and moved, was back to visit different ones. It was great to see her and she had been wondering how Kenn and I were doing. It's amazing how God orders your steps and the impact you can have on people. Also, people have been wondering what is going on with Shawn. The woman will not be coming over here. It sounds like things aren't working out between them. Not sure what has happened but Praise God!!! One night this last week I couldn't fall asleep for a short time after getting up during the night and I felt impressed to pray for Shawn. Don't know what all that was about. Thank you so much for all the extra prayers that have gone up on our behalf. You will be blessed for it. I am so appreciative of them. It really made this last week easier to get through. I've been having the thoughts of not wanting to drive to visit Kenn. I keep feeling like I have so many things here to get done. Not sure if this is normal or what. I keep telling myself it's not about me but it's about what Kenn needs, so I suck it up and go. I could keep writing about so many more things going on but then it would be so long. This coming Thurs. late afternoon after everyone leaves I plan to take off for Green Bay and Sturgeon Bay area until Sun. late afternoon.
WOO HOO!!! It's been over a week of being able to sleep without any sleeping tablets. I think I might have been taking them for possibly over 2 years. Thanks.

1 Comments:

  • Carol, you are doing so many wonderful things. Thank you for keeping us in tune with your life.

    Bob and I are leaving for Florida tomorrow, and will return in two weeks or so, depending on the travel weather. Hang in there, and dance away!!!!

    Love, Marianne J

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home