Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Fri. Feb. 8, 2008

2/08/08 Well, tomorrow our grandson, Mason, turns 1. WOW!! Where has the time gone? So I will be leaving shortly to go to Green Bay to stay over night and then we'll have his party tomorrow at noon and then I will be coming back late afternoon for the Snowflake Ball that is put on by the dance school, that I'm taking lessons at. It will be at the Madison Club. I've read an article on the internet on brain injury and it said the doctors and other people are misdiagnosing brain injured people as being in a vegetative state when actually they are in a minimally conscious state where they are comprehending a lot of what is going on around them but can't respond and let people know. There is a big difference. The doctors are finding they don't know as much as they used to think about brain injury. They are finding that a lot of the things they thought about it are wrong and it's been proven wrong. Last Sat. when I visited Kenn, he wanted to sleep part of the time, but yesterday when I visited him I played a cassette tape of Live Worship with Terry Macalom. When I started the tape his eyes were shut and he acted like he might be sleeping, but just shortly after the music started, he opened his eyes and was paying attention. He started moving his tongue a little and made a noise in his throat. It was good to see his response to it. He kept his eyes open when the music was on and then when the song was over he would shut them and then open them again when the next song came on. This was songs we used to sing at House of Praise a lot about 4 years ago. I could tell he recognized the songs and people try to tell me that he doesn't respond or know what is going on around him. The nurse Cindy told me on Tues. night when I talked to her told me that he was alert most of the evening. I also took him outside yesterday and we walked across the street and back. No seizures or neurostorming going on for months now. Yahoo!!!
God has been ministering big time to me this week. I feel stronger. I've been having some healing going on inside of me. I'm handling change a little better now and it's not throwing me into a tizzy like it used to. I changed the living room furniture around and I like it now. I guess you just don't realize how something like his accident and everything about it can affect you until you start seeing how God heals you and brings parts of you back into being. Not so sure if you understand that statement. He has helped me to keep my emotions in check so far, but still have many times when I just feel like caving in, but God says, "Be still and know I'm here." But, this Mon. we'll see since he's 3 years out from his accident and then Thurs. is Valentine's Day. I just need to remember this is just a season in my life and it will one day come to an end. I am so blessed to be on this journey with God at my side guiding me each step of the way. God is manifesting Himself in our lives in a big way and I'm just so grateful. It's been a difficult journey that we've been on but God reigns and we are victorious. I've needed to take a sleeping tablet to sleep for over a year and I've not needed one for the last 4 nights. Praise God!! Thank you to all of you who stepped up to accept the mission to pray extra for me. I sure have felt the difference and appreciate it more than you will ever know. God Bless.

1 Comments:

  • Hi, Carol, not only are you healing, but you are becoming more articulate in sharing your story---the right words just seem to flow.

    I too believe that many people with brain injuries are very aware (receptive language) of what is going on around them, but they cannot react appropriately (expressive language) to it.

    I too am about to rearrange a room...gives one a lift, don't you think?

    Love, Marianne Jensen xoxoxoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home