thurs. Jan. 10, 2008
Can I change houses with one of you for a week or two?? I've been having a carpenter, electricians, heating, window guys and Shawn here to work in the basement to get it ready for Jeremy to have his own space and some privacy. Yes, Shawn has finally come back here to help down the basement again. It's been frustrating for me because they need me to make decisions. Sometimes I really have to think about it or even ask Shawn. I am so out of my league making decisions about this type of stuff. I've told Shawn that I really appreciate him helping again. WOW!! A new year. Hope you all had a safe New Years. I sat here at home by myself watching Dick Clark's special and fell asleep for awhile. It was my choice to be by myself. I was so tired I just didn't want to be around anyone. I could have spent it with my 2 granddaughters, daughter-in-law and Jeremy, but didn't. I also stuck myself out there after my aerobic class last night because I told my instructor that I would be willing to host a get together for our class at my house. Jeremy is now officially back to driving so now I'm back to doing things by myself which sucks at times. He will be back to work full time as of this coming Mon. I've enjoyed having him around most of the time. On Dec. 31, I also got my permanent caps put on my front teeth which look great. This Sat. is the Winrich Christmas gathering.
Sun. afternoon when I was visiting Kenn he was alert part of the time. He swallowed water when I gave it to him. He stuck his tongue out further than I've ever seen and he was doing it without me telling him. He was also doing it quite a few times. It was cool to see. When I played the CD from WNWC sponsoring our anniversary in 2006, he opened his eyes wide and was paying attention. He also responded the same way when I played the CD from Sept. 07. sponsoring his birthday. It's fun to see what he will respond to. I suppose I had better sign off for now because I've had a some interruptions. Carol
1 Comments:
Hi, Carol. Sorry, can't trade places...been there; done that. The remodeling thing just about drove us nuts some years back. All the decision making, and LIVING with the decisions, has confirmed one thing to me: I NEVER want to build a house. Ever. Insanity.
So, you are stuck there, in the middle of the project...surrounded by boards, pipes, saws, sawdust. Around here, we call those times, "fur nows." It is just fur now and that too shall pass. Halleluia to that, eh?
Your basement will be finished some day, and you will sit on the stairs looking at the new space, thinking, We really did it!!! Yahoo!!!!
Love, Marianne
By
Anonymous, at 10:16 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home