Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sun. Dec.30.2007

12/30/07 Our grandson Mason, took 2 steps yesterday at his other grandparents while there for Christmas gathering, Esther reported to me. He's 10 months old and such a cutie. Yesterday while I visited Kenn, he was more alert than I've seen him for probably about 2 months. He focused better when I was talking to him. They are trying a medication that has been used for brain injured people and some have begun talking. I also talked to Barb, an LPN, who worked some with Kenn on Thurs. and Fri. night and she thought he was also more alert and focusing more. I told her it was nice to hear that. No one else has said anything but I realized that no one else is with Kenn enough to notice a change. Yesterday I was with Kenn from noon till 3:30 and it was nice to have him responding. I took him walking through the tunnel that goes between the 2 buildings and under the road. He was listening to scripture being read on a CD while looking at the murals on the wall of the tunnel. I also read to him and talked to him.
I have had people ask how I'm really doing. Well, when I was baking for Christmas, I was having problems. I'm having problems with my memory and attention span, which I've been told is all a part of dealing with trauma like I've had to deal with. I still need alot of healing too. Fri. night I watched 2 Christmas movies which I like doing but I sat crying so much. They brought back memories and then in the movie "Christmas Shoes" the boy's mom dies. WOW!! Did I cry!! Then just this afternoon I went into a tizzy when wood pellets started going all over the floor from a hole in the bag when I picked it up. Sometimes just little things happening can send me into a tizzy, where I just want to go sit in a corner and cover my head and not deal with anyone or anything. When I see it snowing again I think, stop snowing, I don't need another thing to do. I have a hard time getting up in the morning because I don't want to deal with anything, but once I'm up most of the time I'm fine. But you know what, this is just a season in my life and one day it will be over. God is so good, in my weakness then He is strong. He gives me the strength to keep going. I choose to keep praising God through it all. A friend told me I was like an Eveready Bunny because even though I might be tired or having a bad day if God wants to use me to encourage or to do something for someone I'll do it. She said you just keep going and going and going. I have to obey God and do what He wants me to.
My next update will be in the new year. That doesn't seem possible. Have a safe and blessed New Years to you all!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home