Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sun. Oct. 7, 2007

10/7/07
On Mon. Oct. 1, I talked to the Social Worker, Christine, at Clearview. I brought up some things I would like to see changed in Kenn's care. She made a list of them and said she would have to talk to the head nurse and a few others to see what they could change. On Tues. night when I called and talked to Becki, the LPN, she told me that the CNA's had started using a tongue scraper to clean the dried stuff off Kenn's tongue. She said what a difference it makes. A dental hygienist told me they should be using it on Kenn's tongue to get the bacteria off. They also took off the blue pad from his bed railing closest to the door by Wed. morning when I went to visit him. On Thurs. afternoon I got a call from the RN to tell me that they had put Kenn in a recliner for awhile and he seemed very relaxed. They are also trying him in his wheelchair without his seatbelt and lap table. On Wed. when I visited Kenn, I cut his hair and trimmed his mustache. He was moving his tongue quite a bit too. Kenn is doing great. Yesterday when I got there to visit he was sleeping sound in a recliner. After awhile they got him up in his chair so I could take him outside. I played the 2 CD's from WNWC for sponsoring our anniversary and Kenn's birthday. Kenn opened his eyes when they were saying his name. He was listening.
I have read that doubting or ignoring God's love and compassion grieves the heart of Jesus. So many times ministers have said in these days that we do not need miracles now. Wrong. We do need them. I have a choice to house the glory of God through my attitudes and behaviors, changing atmospheres and circumstances, and even other people's hearts or to grieve His Spirit so that He will not be found nowhere near me or my home. I choose to house the glory of God. What about you?? God is so AMAZING. He reminded me of Kenn's last remark to me on the morning of his accident which is "What would you do if I can't work for AWHILE?" He didn't say if I can never work again, but for AWHILE. Kenn is going to recover. I know it. Thank you for all the continued prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home