Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sun Sept. 23,2007

9/23/07
On Mon. 9/17, I went to the support meeting for the brain-injured. It is so nice to be around other people who are dealing with similar things. One of the ladies who hasn't been at the meetings for a few months told me you're looking good. You must be doing something right. When I visited Kenn before the meeting, Esther talked to him. He opened his eyes and listened to her. I went back over to see him after the meeting. He was in bed but wide awake. I talked to him and prayed with him. I gave him permission to go to sleep so he shut his eyes and I left. In some information on brain injury it says that even though I didn't suffer the actual physical brain injury, I am still a victim of the head injury as much as Kenn is. The info goes on to say that my life hasn't been the same since the moment of the injury and that it will never be the same again. Can I ever testify to that. It says I need to accept this fact and find the ability to move on because it's extremely important for the lifelong care of Kenn and for my own well-being.
Fri. 9/21, was our 34th wedding anniversary. I spent some time with Kenn in the evening and he was quite alert. I played a CD that WNWC 102.5, had sent me last year for sponsoring our anniversary. It's in honor of our anniversary and I also played the one in honor of his birthday this year from them. He opened his eyes wide and was paying attention. He even frowned at one point. I played them 2-3 different times and each time he responded the same. When I kissed him on the lips, he shut his mouth almost all the way in response. I stopped a few seconds to let him open his mouth and then I gave a kiss again and he responded the same. I kept doing this a few more times and he kept responding. He swallowed water fine too. I read to him from my spiral notebook on praise and healing. He had his eyes open and seemed to be listening.
This afternoon he was tired and slept most of the visit. This afternoon I read alot of verses from the Bible on healing. Stand with me in believing that Kenn will be coming home by
Thanksgiving this year. God can do it because nothing is impossible for Him. I want to get on with the work God has for us to do as a couple. I also want to plan for the renewing of our vows. God is GREAT!!! Thanks for the prayers.

1 Comments:

  • Isn't it true--we are anxious about the future and constantly bring up the past, yet we have been given the present: NOW. The NOW in our lives is the most precious gift from our Maker. Trying to be in the mindset of NOW is extremely difficult, but it can bring such peace.

    Blessings on you, Carol.

    Marianne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home