Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sun. Aug. 19,2007

8/19/07
When I visited Kenn late yesterday afternoon he was very alert and seemed to be responding a little more. He was sitting up in his chair in his room. When I showed him some pictures of Mason, our grandson, he seemed to be focusing on it and even the nurse, Barb, remarked about it. Plus he was moving his mouth and tongue as if trying to talk. He stayed awake while I was cutting his hair and trimming his mustache. Esther called on my cell phone and wanted to talk to her dad so I put the ear piece in. I could tell he was listening by the look in his eyes. Barb came in to disconnect his feeding and saw him moving his mouth and tongue again as if trying to say something. When I kissed him on his lips he shut his mouth almost all the way and I hadn't told him to. When I kissed him again before I left he did it again. He was even sticking his tongue out some even though I hadn't told him to. When I took him down by the nurses station shortly before I left he opened his eyes and Barb said, "It looks like he's trying to stay awake while you're here." I've been told that some residents bang into his chair when he's in it. One time he was in bed trying to sleep when a resident wheeled his chair into Kenn's room and was running his chair into Kenn's bed. The nurse said Kenn's eyes were wide awake and the look on his face was one of what is going on here? On Thurs. afternoon 8/9/07, when I stopped to visit Kenn on my way to Green Bay, he was sitting in the dayroom in front of the TV. His eyes were open and he was looking at the TV and seemed to be listening to it. The nurses told me they've see this. I was standing on his right side of his chair and I told him he hadn't lost me and he turned his head to the right to look at me. He also seems to enjoy having me clean out his mouth and has never bit me. He closes his mouth around my finger gently when I'm cleaning his tongue off. When I give him stuff to swallow he does fine. I took him outside last Thurs. and he opened his eyes and looked around. I was telling him our grandson was 6 months old and has grown 7 1/2-8 1/2 inches in 5 months. He frowned at me as if to say you're kidding. The look he gave me was priceless. One of the CNA's told Kenn that his dancing queen was coming to visit him and his eyes got wide. A week ago tonight coming back from Sturgeon Bay and Green Bay, I stopped to visit Kenn again and took him outside. He opened his eyes and was looking around. They tell me when they call his name a lot of the time he will look at them.
Last weekend I was in Sturgeon Bay visiting some friends there. It was so nice to see them again and hang out. It was so peaceful. A friend told me that since I started dance last fall I've done a complete 360 degree change. She said I seem to be so alive, happy and confident. She said the teachers at the dance studio don't know how much they have helped me. Last Sun. I even got up to sing with the worship team which is a big step for me because I've had problems doing something like that since the accident. It felt like I was back in the fellowship we used to attend and before the accident. We sang about being free and I felt free again. Praise God. I've been attending more group dance classes just so I don't sit home alone so much. Last night I had a royal emotional meltdown. Things are really trying to get to me here. My daycare mom had her baby the 15, so I'm not sure how much I'll have 3 year old Katelynn for right now. God is using me to be there for that mom because she is going through depression big time after having the baby. Tomorrow night I have a support meeting again across from Kenn and Dr. Mickey will be speaking. I'm planning to go in the afternoon so I can visit Kenn for a while before the meeting. Tomorrow Jenny and the 2 girls are leaving for Florida on vacation and won't be back until almost Labor Day. When I have some down time like today I feel so lost because my schedule has changed so drastically it's unreal. I've inspired another lady to check into dance lessons now since she has the empty nest. She brought Kenn into Dr. Ward's office for a pump refill on Thurs. morning and I showed her my pictures from the dance competition. She's wanted to do dance for a long time too. God is using me in so many lives it's unbelievable. I'm not sure what God has ahead for me but I'm open to finding out. Nothing on move to St. Mary's yet.

1 Comments:

  • I was reading this today. "As for me, I will behold Your face in righteousness. I will be satisfied with your likeness when I awake." Psalm 17:15 I am encouraged by your reports. I am proud of you, Carol, for the way you have handled your situation. I would love to see your dance. May God continue to be with you all. Love you. Carolyn W.

    By Blogger carolyn winrich, at 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home